What's new

Is there such a thing as a optical cable "hub"? (1 Viewer)

Richard_T

Second Unit
I recently bought an X-Box to go with my PS2 and now I have a problem. My processor only has one optical connection and I have two systems I want to run to it. Is there such a thing as an optical cable hub where I could run two cables to it and connect to my single connection on my processor? Sort of like a USB hub on a computer. Has anyone heard of one of these things?:confused:

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Radio Shack also carries a optical selector switch. They also carry a converter to turn optical into coaxial-digital if you happen to have spare coaxial-digital inputs.

Richard_T

Second Unit
Will either of these auto select meaning I don't have to manually select which console I'm using or do I have to do that every time? Thanks for the link too guys! Will there be any loss in sound quality by using one of these?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't worry about the sound quality being affected. As far as auto select, I take it you mean you would prefer a device that senses which input is active and switches automatically. The one I provided a link to is a passive device and you'd have to spend more than the $30 that one is. For example, for about $90 you can get this: http://www.audiocubes.com/product_in...roducts_id=300
Why not consider poking around in some of the gaming forums on the web to find out what they're using?

Roy Brooks

Agent
i have seen a manual select optical hub for sale in the surplus section of the local Princess Auto store (whitby). I think it was under 20 cdn. You could order them from princessauto.com if you are not close to one. As for auto detecting since we are talking optical here I use a y cable for photo eyes at work should do the same thing. The photoeyes are made by banner, the why cable basically just splits the signal same a an rca y cable would.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks