What's new

Is there such a cable as an S-Video to Coaxail or Scart? (1 Viewer)

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
My laptop has a S-video out connection. My girfriend's TV doesn't have an S-video in. Is there such a cable as an S-video to Coaxail(or even SCART - as I'm in Europe), or is there another way to solve this?

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
IXOS make a s-video to scart lead. Not sure about an s-video to composite convertor though.

Doesn't your laptop have a composite video out port?

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
You wont get S-Video to co-axial because co-ax carries composite video, not s-vid. However S-Vid to Scart is easy enough. As Darren said, Ixos do whole range of cables including that one. You might also want to try http://www.lektropacks.com/ who will make any cable up you want and are probably cheaper.

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
Using the S-Video to SCART cable from my Laptop to the TV will only bring the pcture to the TV and NOT the sound I assume. So the sound would only be coming from the tiny laptop speakers. (It's begining to sound like I shouldn't be a tight wad and just buy a DVD player for my girlfriend and be done with it!).

Ian Wilson

Agent
Buy her a cheap DVD player. The video quality out of a PC via Composite/S-Video is generally rubbish anyway. You can get Scart cables with s-video plus audio cables at one end and a Scart plug at the other. Have to make sure its wired up in the correct direction i.e. the non-Scart plug end is for input.

Ian

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
You're best bet IMO is getting a cable from http://www.svideo.com together with a composite to SCART adapter. Not too expensive and made for exactly what you describe. They have free shipping to anywhere in the US.

I have ordered a cable like you described myself, and might actually go for this video AND audio cable.

Cheers,

-Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks