What's new

Is there such a brand? (1 Viewer)

Aris A

Stunt Coordinator
I'm shopping around for the best universal disc player and I'm looking for a player that has like an A&B function. I do have 2 setup at my place, one surround the other music. I need something that could play on 2 setups...is there such a player? If yes, which brand & model if you guys know so I could narrow down my search.

If not...I do have a basic Denon dvd player which is hooked up to a receiver right now to play movies. Is there a way to split the audio signal from the dvd player to pass thru my music setup? Thanks in advance.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Or use piggyback RCA cables. Or splitters. Or use one digital connection, one analog, which is what you should be doing if one is surround and the other is stereo.

Lee Distad

Stunt Coordinator
I'm running a coax digital from my Denon DVD2200 for DD/DTS, and the FR1/FL1 analog for DVD-A/SACD. I change the input from digital to analog on my AVR as needed.

Juan_T

Stunt Coordinator
"I'm running a coax digital from my Denon DVD2200 for DD/DTS, and the FR1/FL1 analog for DVD-A/SACD. I change the input from digital to analog on my AVR as needed."

Thats the way Im going to set up mine once it comes! I read on the manual that when using the Analog outputs you should disable the digital outputs for best sound, so that there is no interference.. I hope that its not a pain in the butt to turn the digital out on and off.

Lee Distad

Stunt Coordinator
Juan, it ought to be as simple as hitting the analog/digital/AFD (or whatever) button on your reciever's remote.

I can't imagine that there should be any interference issues, as when you are playing an SACD or DVD-A there is no bitstream coming down the digital cable. Unless an AVR was designed by bonobo monkeys (or perhaps even gibbons, or barbary apes), there shouldn't be cross-talk issues between the analog and digital connections in the AVR.

Aris A

Stunt Coordinator
Drew/Wayne...did your suggestion now it plays on both system. I didn't know that the optical toslink is one of the audio input/output until now. Thanks alot guys and all who contributed to this inquiry.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

Juan,

I have the Denon 2200 & there is a button right on the front that you can use to disable the digital outputs.

Juan_T

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Joe! looking forward to getting it! its coming tomorrow!! :b

"I can't imagine that there should be any interference issues, as when you are playing an SACD or DVD-A there is no bitstream coming down the digital cable. Unless an AVR was designed by bonobo monkeys (or perhaps even gibbons, or barbary apes), there shouldn't be cross-talk issues between the analog and digital connections in the AVR. "

Its written in the 2200 manual, not on the AVRs manual. :emoji_thumbsup:

Anyways, good to hear that its just a simple button push.

I guess its more to do with when you are playing CDs, not SACD or DVDAs..

peace,

JT

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks