What's new

Is there something wrong with DigitalEyes? (1 Viewer)

Thomas J.

Stunt Coordinator
First off, sorry if this isn't the right area of the forum to put this question.

I used the quote machine and submitted a dvd to www.digitaleyes.net around December 1st, no problem. But I have yet to receive any confirmation that they've received the shipment or, better yet, that they've credited my account. Worse, I've tried to call them up repeatedly using their 888 number and EVERY TIME I get a busy signal! Plus I've sent them an e-mail asking what's up with my account and dvd submission and have still gotten no response, now a week later.

I hope they're not going out of business, but I've never had such a problem getting through to them before. Can anybody clue me in, or has had a similar or contrasting experience? I'm worried right now.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Scott Stevens

Stunt Coordinator
I'm having a problem with them right now as well. I placed an order and received the confirmation. Then I received a shipping confirmation, and noticed that they added an extra $4 to the shipping charge. They have not responded to my email asking about it, and their phone message says they're "closed for the holiday and will reopen January 2nd."

I'd like to continue to support the small stores, but I've placed a handful of orders with them, and had problems on about one third. I also noticed that their mailing address is no longer Nashville, but is Itasca Illinois (the same location as Deep Discount DVD). I wonder if they were bought out?

JordanB

Auditioning
Seems as if they, along with dvdplanet and every other once-good dvd store online has been bought out. It sucks, because now no site is better than the other when it comes to service or shipping. They all ship from the same warehouse...leading likely to more out of stock items, and backed up shipping. Not to mention, ridiculously hard to reach service agents.

BrandonJF

Second Unit
There is something seriously wrong with Digital Eyes. Digital Eyes, in it's current state, is nowhere near what they once were, probably due to the aforementioned buyout.

Don't expect to get any responses from them if you're looking for any credit. After attempting to cancel discs and continually getting them shipped (even after being told they were cancelled, either over the phone or via a confirmation e-mail), I tried returning a couple. Trying to check the status of the credit was a chore. Eventually, they just stopped responding altogether.

I had to go through my credit card company to dispute the charge and I reported Digital Eyes to the Better Business Bureau. I'd suggest anyone else having problems with them do the same.

It's pretty sad - they were once one of the best DVD e-tailers. Almost overnight they turned into one of the absolute worst. I recommend avoiding them like the plague.

Brian E

Screenwriter
It's to bad really. In the old days I never had a problem. I sold them about $700 worth of DVDs and got my money right away. My orders always came quickly & well packaged. I was getting ready to order some anime from them, but after hearing peoples recent problems I'm not to sure.

Ash Atchison

Agent
Chalk me up as another recent DigitalEyes victim. I placed a small order well over a week ago, subsequently paid for the item, and still have no confirmation or response from them after emails.

Update: Well, I surprisingly got through just minutes after posting this and they assured me they're trying to get on top of things, so not all hope is lost. Just keep them on auto-redial.

>> I'm having a problem with them right now as well. I placed an order and received the confirmation. Then I received a shipping confirmation, and noticed that they added an extra $4 to the shipping charge. They have not responded to my email asking about it, and their phone message says they're "closed for the holiday and will reopen January 2nd."> I'd like to continue to support the small stores, but I've placed a handful of orders with them, and had problems on about one third. I also noticed that their mailing address is no longer Nashville, but is Itasca Illinois (the same location as Deep Discount DVD). I wonder if they were bought out?

>>There is something seriously wrong with Digital Eyes. Digital Eyes, in it's current state, is nowhere near what they once were, probably due to the aforementioned buyout.

Don't expect to get any responses from them if you're looking for any credit. After attempting to cancel discs and continually getting them shipped (even after being told they were cancelled, either over the phone or via a confirmation e-mail), I tried returning a couple. Trying to check the status of the credit was a chore. Eventually, they just stopped responding altogether.

I had to go through my credit card company to dispute the charge and I reported Digital Eyes to the Better Business Bureau. I'd suggest anyone else having problems with them do the same.

It's pretty sad - they were once one of the best DVD e-tailers. Almost overnight they turned into one of the absolute worst. I recommend avoiding them like the plague.

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
The only 2 problems I have with DE is they are very slow on adding DVD-A titles. I hate looking in all the B/M's for new DVD-A's. And it will just be a matter of time before my order will be damaged with the shipping packages they use now. Other wise I love Digital Eyes....

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I just placed my first order with them today, before I saw this thread. They have pretty good prices. I hope they don't make up for that good quailty with piss poor service.

David S. Peterson

Stunt Coordinator
I have used them for years and still do. I have complained about them once here on the forum because they were having their growing pains at various times but things appear to have settled down.

Whenever I have had a problem it has always solved to my satisfaction. It is better to call if their is an issue with an order than to email them. I have learned the problem is always solved over the phone.

That is probably why you don't find an support email address on their site.

David S. Peterson

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Wow, am I relieved to see the posts by Mark Harrill! I just made my first purchase from DE for the incredible price they had on Dr. Quinn Season Two... and then I decided to come over here and check out the forum for any feedback. I was initially concerned, but after seeing the responses posted above by Mr. Harrill, my fears are (for now) quelled.

Thanks for taking the time to respond here!

Brian L D

Agent
What I'd like to know is when did digitaleyes change their used DVD policy to give only store credit? I've sent DVDs to them in the past and have gotten a check sent to me. Now I've sent them more DVDs and even though nothing on their web site suggests a change, I'm told that they only give credit. :angry:

I feel rather ripped off over this. If they are only going to give credit, then at least say so! Don't say "We want your used discs and we pay top dollar!!!"

Edit: Mr. Harrill and myself have worked out an agreement through email. I commend him on his quick response and understanding. I will continue to do business with his company because of how he is treating this.

I do still hope that they update their web site to make it clear that when you send them a used DVD, it's for store credit and not for cash as they used to do.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I emailed Mark Harrill over an unclear listing on their site..

The anime DVD "Texhnolyze" is available as a DVD or DVD w/box package for $10 more. However, although Digital Eyes has two listings, reflecting the two price points, the listings are identical.

I ordered the one that corresponds with the box pricing, but emailed Mark that they might want to make the entry on their site clearer. I emailed him directly because I couldn't find an email address on the site.

I never heard back from him, and the entries remain the same.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Mark apparently has to split his time nowadays. I sometimes e-mail him (using the phone is a bit less practical from overseas :) ), and often get a reply within 2 or three hours, but now and then it takes a few days, or even a whole week, when he's been "out".

Cees

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
For what its worth, I never received a reply from Mark, and the Texhnolyze w/box entry at their site remains unhelpful.

It looks like Mark is posting as of yesterday to another forum, however...

:thumbsdown:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just placed an order that included a coupon for 10 of 75.
i got the first 2 today and the third is the sctv set which as of a few days ago was only $50.

i have used de for many years and never had a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks