Is there something wrong w/my setup? Pls help!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steven Divita, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Steven Divita

Steven Divita Auditioning

I am a total newbie, so please bare with me.[​IMG] I just purchased an Samsung TXM2796HF 27" HD TV last month, and 2 nights ago purchased a hughes HIRD-E86 HD DirecTV receiver. It is hooked up through the component input in the back of the TV. Whenever I am watching something with really vibrant colors, eg... cartoons (daughter loves Rolie Polie Olie on Disney channel) and there is fast action is looks as if the color of the character cant keep up, especially the color red, it looks as if its out of sync, know what I mean? But if I switch it to s-video it looks fine. Hughes said this happens because I am trying to convert analog video to digital for the TV to use.But it does not seem to effect the OTA digital stations that I can pick up. I have no clue, but I have tried 2 different component cables, but the problem is the same. I have a progressive DVD player that I use component out to the TV and it looks fine. Is this something I have to live with? All my video/audio inputs are used up, so I would have to get some sort of A/B switch if I am to have both component and s-video hooked up and toggle between the two.
    I NEED HELP, THIS IS KILLING ME!!!!!!

Thank you

2. Steven Divita

I really need to know if this is normal or if I need to get an A/B box, or if there is something I need to take back.

3. Steven Divita

I really needs peoples opinion on this, whether or not may satellite reciever has a problem or if thats just the way it is.

Thanks