Is there reciever's/ Pre-amps out there that are future proof?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Craig Ball, Sep 16, 2001.

1. Craig Ball

Craig Ball Second Unit

I'm asking because i'm sick of dumping $3,000+ on the latest reciever and finding out that guess what your screwed!! The new 6.1 just came out and you need to replace your reciever. SACD/DVD Audio just came out and you need 6.1 inputs not 5.1 guess you need a new reciever!! Damn besides Lexicon does anybody else really have true upgradeability or not?
    Craig

2. Henry W

Henry W Stunt Coordinator

I feel the same way. Upgrade history is an important part of any purchase decision for me. I've found a lot of other firms in addition to Lexicon with good upgrade history. Tag MacLaren, Bryston, Meridian are just a few of those. There are a lot more. I'm placing my business with those who will upgrade the product as new technology becomes available.
    Best regards-Henry
    ------------------

3. Craig Ball

Craig Ball Second Unit

Thanks, Henry W. I'll check them out. P.S. I'll finally be back in the good old USA in about 10 month's and my choices should be more vast than shopping at the main exchange. LOL...
    Craig

4. Anthony Lobo

Anthony Lobo Agent

Hi Craig,
    I was just back from the CEDIA show. I'm also a dealer for ADA. ADA has realized how valuable the upgrade program Lexicon has and will be implementing one also for their new Cinema Rhapsody Mach II probably by end of this year/early next year.
    I think more and more companies will realize how valuable an upgrade program can be.
    I would highly suggest supporting these companies efforts.
    Anthony