Is there only one version of Lethal Weapon 4?

Don Black

Screenwriter
Reaction score
I know that LW1-3 all have director's versions. However, is there only one version of LW4? E.g., Is the "Premiere Collection" version the only one out there?

Also, has there been any word on whether or not WB will release 2-disc special editions of any movies in the series?

Thanks!

Mark Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
There is only one Region 1 version of Lethal Weapon 4. I'd love to see 2-disc SEs of any of them at some point.

Colin Jacobson

Lead Actor
Reaction score

About what? Mark answered your main question, as there's only one version of LW4 on the market. I don't believe there's been any noise about a new one. The current one's pretty solid, except the transfer comes plagued with way too much edge enhancement - it's one of the worst offenders out there...

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Will
I completely agree that SE's should be made some time. After all, the first LW is a classic of 80's cinema, and all we get is a trailer! We already know that Donner is willing to participate on DVD's.

Come on Warner! It's a sure-fire winner! (A box set similar to the Die Hard Collection would be very welcome!)

WillG

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Leathal Weapon 4 - One version too many as far as I'm concerned. It is sad that that L.W. 4 is the one that has all the extras. Ironically, L.W. 4 is the only DVD out of the series I own, but it is only because I got it free when I bought a DVD player years ago. The reason I have held off on L.W. 1-3 is because of lack of any features. I'd pick them up if I could get them very cheap, but we do need better editions of these films. If W.B. did make new versions, do you think they would retain the DTS soundtracks?

CraigL

Screenwriter
Reaction score

You mean, with more features? Because right now they've got great transfers with full bitrate DTS tracks. That's pretty superbit solid to me.

WillG

Lead Actor
Reaction score

Yeah, I think it would be nice. I'd like to have some commentaries, more extensive documentaries, etc. I guess the L.W. 4 disc does have some extras that are specific to the first 3 films though.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Thought I'd bump this up; I actually have never seen the director's cuts of 1-3. Is the extra footage anything substantial? Is it distracting at all? Extras or not, all of these films can be found dirt cheap nowadays, and I thought about getting them. I was just curious what everyone's opinions of the DCs are.

If nothing else, the DTS tracks are certainly attractive.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Reaction score

If you have Lethal Weapon 4 on DVD the additional scenes for the Director's Cuts of the first 3 films are included as deleted scenes. I personally enjoyed the Director's Cut of the first movie especially the scene with Riggs at the school.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
"I personally enjoyed the Director's Cut of the first movie especially the scene with Riggs at the school."

That's a great scene. Gave me goosbumps the first time I saw it.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Anyone remember those hilarious "Making of" specials for LW and LW2 that aired on HBO hosted by Mel Gibson? I wish those would have been on the DVDs and I hope they'd be included on any potential future SE. I recall them being quite amusing because of the way Mel narrates the making of the film.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Reaction score

"I hope nobody saw that."

I still have the one from LW2 on videocassette somewhere.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balbendergeta