What's new

Is there going to be a Dvd audio/SACD audio only player? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I have the Denon 1600 for my video player and now am interested in an ALL audio player for SACD/DVD-AUDIO and cd playback. Are there going to be any high quality all audio combo players anytime soon?

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I wish!!!! I doubt it...:rolleyes:This has occured to me too. To me the perfect audio player would have only minimal video capability to accomodate DVD-A, maybe just a composite or S-video output. To us this is a good idea but I'm not so sure it fits the mass-market plans of electronic giants. Best wishes!:)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
So because of mass marketing the purist is going to get screwed? I like to keep my audio and video seperate. I know there is a niche market for high end cd players,such as Creek ,Marantz,Denon and Rega Planet,so why not universal sacd/dvd audio/cd players?

Jagan Seshadri

Supporting Actor
DVD-Audio is the reason that there are video circuits in these players, because some DVD-A discs are designed to use video menus and to play video interviews.

If you want to keep things separate, get a standalone SACD player.

-JNS

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I agree with the standalone audio player. Just curious about the 5.1 audio analog out. I was hoping that the outlaw ICBM had a extra input since you can put it between a pre / amp and add an input without throwing out your existing system.
Is the Sony TAP 9000ES the only way to do that?
I am running out of shelves!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jagan is right. DVD-Audio player with no video circuitry could make playing certain DVD-Audio discs difficult, if not impossible. I've heard no plans from any manufacturers of making a DVD-Audio player with no video capability. Perhaps one could make a DVD-Audio player that didn't play DVD-Video discs but did offer playback of video content from DVD-Audio discs. However, I have to wonder if the format standard mandates DVD-Video capability.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking about when Pioneer left off the optical out from their CLD 504 LD player...they saved maybe $2 on parts but charged quite a bit more
Even though all the video circuits are there, they could leave the connector off the back and charge $50 less

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks