Is there external bass management for a DVD-A besides the Outlaw unit?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Coleman, Nov 16, 2002.

1. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

Thanks in advance!

David

2. Anthony Monaco

Hope this helps. What I did to bring up the sub level with my system is that I hooked up an old radio shack audio/video processor from the sub out to the amp & it worked! It's a little unit they had to help you copy your home videos & it cost me around $20 to $30 (in the 80's). It wasn't planned, it was just some old cheap stuff I had kicking around & when I didn't like the sub's output (with dvd-a's) I tried it & was impressed. Now I'm running a Yamaha A-700 to a dual voice coil sub & it sounds very sweet & smooth.

3. Craig_Kg

Craig_Kg Supporting Actor

M&K also have bass management units. Their crossover frequencies are fixed at 80 Hz.

4. DanielSmi

DanielSmi Second Unit

The M&K is $400 i think and doesn't give you the options that the outlaw does; like ability for 6 speakers in stead of 5, the ability to choose different crossovers points for each speaker. I was thinking about choosing one of these but upgaded to the 49tx instead and haven't looked back; even though the 49tx does it's BM in the digital realm.

Daniel Smith