What's new

Is there ever going to be Night Court season 2?? (1 Viewer)

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
Come on, I'm sure the first season sold well enough to make the rest of the seasons worth it.
Any word??

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Warner hasn't announced it yet, but to my knowledge, Warner hasn't yet stopped simply producing any of their series for future seasons; they usually just give a longer gap between releases. I know you must want it badly; I'm in the same boat about Murphy Brown S2.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
It's frustrating, especially when Fresh Prince which released its first season day and date with Night Court has a date for its second season. But at least Night Court is back on the air, even if it's with syndication cuts, and the second season starts this Tuesday, 8/23.

ElAhrai

Stunt Coordinator
What station is Night Court on? And at what time?

Oh, and I'd obviously be in for a S2 release.

E

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I am also waiting for Night Court Season Two, as well as the other remaining seasons..

W.B. Please don't let us down!!
;)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
After watching "Take My Wife, Please" from Season 2 several times on TVLand (including just now which is the 4th time), I noticed that they put a blob over Michael Richard's private parts at the end of the show when he stood up. Now we know that nothing explicit was shown but I wonder if it was like this since it first aired? Too much hair? Kramer, I mean Richards, is a hairy guy. Not that it matters but just wondering...if it's going to be like that on the eventual DVD. You keep watching shows over and over and you start noticing things.
-

Jeff#

Screenwriter
At least Night Court was a genuinely laugh-out-loud funny show, unlike the unwatchable Seinfeld.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
This show, along with the UK's Are You Being Served? are probably the most surrealistic comedies ever. Once you're in Judge Stone's court or at Grace Bros. Department Store, you're in a different world altogether in which anything does (and will) happen.

For me, Night Court doesn't really come into its own unitl the arrival of Markie Post as Christine Sullivan in Season Three. Only recently I found out that the producers had intended from Day One to have Ms. Post play the defense attorney on the series, but she was still under contract to The Fall Guy on ABC. So, in the meantime Karen Austin was hired, and once Ms. Post became free, Ellen Foley (who replaced Ms. Austin in Season Two) was let go.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I've been wondering the same...
Where the heck is Night Court season 2?
:frowning:

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Since the WB rebate booklet says any seasons of Night Court, I've been holding off on sending what I currently have to see if any further NC seasons will be released before the rebate deadline.
-

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dan*T, I haven't heard anything yet about Season 2, but since other shows that had S1 released at the same time (Fresh Prince, Full House) are getting S2's soon, I can't imagine that Night Court is too far off.

I'm dying to get every season myself! I was lost, alone, and sad without even a single DVD to enjoy.*

* (but I'm feeling MUCH better now!)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
yes, I hope so.
I went through my Season 1 fairly quickly.

Maybe they are waiting to give us more/better extra content.

I really love this series.

Waiting for the episode where Dan saves Christine's life, she wants to repay Dan, and Dan suggests sleeping with him.

but of course thats not the best one, just one I want to see again.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
O/T:

I hope they cover "Night Court" on VH1's "I Love The 80s 3D" in October. Perhaps they might be able to get a few of the cast members to be commentators...Outside of John Laroquette and Richard Moll, it's not like any of them have been acting lately.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Thank yooou!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks