What's new

Is there even a small chance , Carpenter and Russel will do another "escape from "X"? (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
There is escape from NY and escape from LA.

Is there another chance for another Snake Plissken movie?

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
I hope not. LA was a horrible exact retread of NY and the CGI was laughable.

I love the origial EFNY, in all it's cheapness and cliche's

There is a cartoon and a game coming and there is a comic out now.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
I recall reading once (back when LA came out, in USA Today, I think) that he had ideas for an Escape from Earth, or something to that effect. I wouldn't mind if they did it. I thougt LA was decent (not as good as the first, except maybe the upgrade in the theme music).

According to imdb.com Carpenter currently has nothing in the works...if not another Escape movie I would still like to see him a Russell get together again sometime.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I really hope they let it rest. L.A. was watchable but that can't really be considered a compliment. Its major problem was copying the same structure of the first film, even a lot of the jokes are the same.

I do hope Carpenter and Russell team up again in the future. If only Carpenter could come up with some good ideas again.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You forgot in The Fog....as in Escape from The Thing in The Fog in Little China. :)

Does that cover them all now?

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
No, it should be The Prince of Darkness who Lived with the Vampires as a Ghost on Mars after Escaping from the Thing in the Fog in Little China :)

steve_jk

Agent
The Prince of Darkness who Lived with the Vampires as a Ghost on Mars after Escaping from the Thing in the Fog in Little China on Halloween

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
The Prince of Darkness who Lived in The Last House on the Left with the Vampires as a Ghost on Mars after Escaping from the Thing in the Fog in Little China on Halloween

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
"Escape from Planet Earth" would be fun, but I'd probably be the only one in the theater. :frowning:

Then again, even some of the best Carpenter films weren't appreciated until about 10 years after they were released.

I imagine it will all come down to whether Carpenter and Russell WANT to do one. They seem to have a lot of fun, and if they can get any backing it will happen.

I'd like another "Big Trouble..." movie too, but I don't know if Russell's age would carry over as well to that goofy character. At least Snake always gets a leg injury and has to limp through the second half of the movie anyway. :)

Well, I think it's a sure bet that there is a story around the events in Cleveland... I for 1 like Escape From LA better than New York. I know.... nutball! :) ANd would very much look forward to another chapter.

- J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks