Directors Is there enough room for another screenshot contest?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Sean Moon, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

I have been hooked on Cameron and George's screenshot contests lately and when watching my movies lately I think to myself "that would be cool to use in a contest." So what do people think, is there enough room on here for me to start my own little screenshot thread? Or is two enough for all of you people?

2. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Two's pretty crowded as is but I guess it's a fun enough game. I believe Cameron's game will end after 21 rounds (if I read it right) and he's looking for people interested in taking over.

I've been thinking the same as you and for months now I actually been taking screenshots of DVDs I've rented or borrowed for any potential future use. [​IMG]

3. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

well, I think I will start up another one tonight or tomorrow and see how well it goes. Any advice on how to run it?

4. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Some suggestions:

Clues could be a good thing. Maybe a point system like George's contest.

In the past I've seen people award something like 7 pts to whoever guessed correctly if he or she were the only one to do so, 5 if yours was one of three correct guesses, and 3 points if more than three got the image correct.

If you need help with posting images with links to your PM box, Brian Lawrence posted this tip that might help you.

Anyway, good luck!

5. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

My only suggestion is that if you're going to use a free hosting site, use ImageShack, not Photobucket.