What's new

Is There Difference between Belen and Canary (1 Viewer)

Dan-Voorhees

Auditioning
I was wondering if there is a noticeable difference between Belden and Canare cable, mainly in component cables. I know that there are many different versions of these cables such as Belden's 7710A, 1694A or 1505F and Canare L-5CFB or V3-5CFB. If so what would be the recommended choice for running a 3-meter hookup from my cable box to my television. It will be running in HD. Thanks!

Dan-Voorhees

Auditioning
Yes, I am using the Time Warner HD box. Currently I have it hooked up via a DVI cable, however I am going to get a DVD player that utilizes the DVI. I have heard that there is not much of a difference between DVI and component, especially for rear projection sets.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

First things first: 1694 and 7710a are essentially the same cable, 7710a is just 3 runs of 1694 in an outer rubber jacket. L5cfb and V3-5cfb, same story: V3 is just 3 runs of L5cfb in a plastic jacket.

As far as specifications, the Belden is better, but only by a tiny margin- and the difference in specs is really only worth noting with extremely high freq signal over long distance. For a 5 foot cable, I would image you would have a really hard time telling the difference- but most builders sell the Belden for only a few bucks more (I know on my builds it ends up being $.65 more per foot, dunno how anyone else prices it)-- but for having the best spec cable available- it seems like it's worth the extra couple quarters.

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks