Is There Difference between Belen and Canary

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Dan-Voorhees, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Dan-Voorhees

Dan-Voorhees Auditioning

I was wondering if there is a noticeable difference between Belden and Canare cable, mainly in component cables. I know that there are many different versions of these cables such as Belden's 7710A, 1694A or 1505F and Canare L-5CFB or V3-5CFB. If so what would be the recommended choice for running a 3-meter hookup from my cable box to my television. It will be running in HD. Thanks!

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Are you saying your cable box has component video outputs?

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. Dan-Voorhees

Dan-Voorhees Auditioning

Yes, I am using the Time Warner HD box. Currently I have it hooked up via a DVI cable, however I am going to get a DVD player that utilizes the DVI. I have heard that there is not much of a difference between DVI and component, especially for rear projection sets.

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

First things first: 1694 and 7710a are essentially the same cable, 7710a is just 3 runs of 1694 in an outer rubber jacket. L5cfb and V3-5cfb, same story: V3 is just 3 runs of L5cfb in a plastic jacket.

As far as specifications, the Belden is better, but only by a tiny margin- and the difference in specs is really only worth noting with extremely high freq signal over long distance. For a 5 foot cable, I would image you would have a really hard time telling the difference- but most builders sell the Belden for only a few bucks more (I know on my builds it ends up being $.65 more per foot, dunno how anyone else prices it)-- but for having the best spec cable available- it seems like it's worth the extra couple quarters.

-Vince

5. Brian Schucher

Brian Schucher Supporting Actor

Is nobody gonna fix the the name of the cable... Canare [​IMG]