Is there anything I should be aware of on my Direct TV professional installation?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael De Costa, Jun 26, 2001.

1. Michael De Costa

Michael De Costa Stunt Coordinator

I am finally getting my Direct TV installed after waiting 2 weeks after my purchase for someone to contact me. Is there anything I should be aware of when they come to do the installation? Are there any questions I should ask? How long should it take? They are going to install 2 systems in the house, and I am guessing they will have to replace the old cable wires as well not being up to the current standards. I would hate to miss out on a golden opportunity while having them at my house to answer or fix any potential problems or questions I might have. Any recommendations?

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Sorry, can't help you with the Pro install questions, I'm dishless (and cableless too) but did you see today's Ad for 6th Avenue, they advertise free 2-system installation for only a subscription for 1 year for $22/month which seems cheaper than many other free plans where they make you subscribe to a $40+/month plan... Just curious, cause I'm from NJ too (a bit north of Wayne) so I'm not far from you..
    Jay
    ------------------
    HUGBEES! My Equipment List
    Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
    Wanna help?

3. Michael De Costa

Jay,

4. Michael De Costa

Jay,
    6th Ave is where I purchased the Dish. I though the package for $51.99 that gives you 7 HBO's, 4 Straz, and 8 Encores was pretty good. It just sucks that you have to pay $5 for each additional receiver, and $5.99 for the local channels. The entry plan is $21.99 and is missing some of the better channels: Comedy Central, Animal Planet, FX, Fox Sports Net, and a few others. You could actually live without these but I need some good movie channels. The opening package is $41.99 with 4 Starz and 8 encore. Not to bad if I do say so....