1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any reason not to buy the 65H81 from Onecall?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Stryker, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

My HT is setup in a 12'x 12' room; my viewing distance to the Tosh will be 10-11'. My only concern is getting it into the apt; As long as they bring it to the door (down the walkway and down the stairs) I should be able to maneuver it around inside with the help of 3 friends.....or should I get the white glove (how much is it?) and let them handle the lifting/moving?

Any other tips or gotchas about the 65H81 or Onecall would be appreciated..

2. bruce Hilbert

bruce Hilbert Auditioning

I got my 65H81 from Spectravox.com. I went with the white glove because I wanted them to unbox it in case of damage. Boy, am I glad I did. The first TV was trashed. Got a new one 2 weeks later, with a new shipping company and have been happy ever since. White Glove, I think, is worth the extra money.. My 1 cent worth...

3. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Other than the shipping incident, is there any other reason not to buy from Spectravox ? They are $100 cheaper with the white glove.

And onecall was showing it as out of stock.

4. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Matt,
    just be aware that if for any reason you aren't happy with your purchase that you CANNOT return anything to Onecall.com. This isn't to say you couldn't have a good experience dealing with them however, i'll give a "for instance"...I bought a Sony V-444ES receiver from J&R music world last year and i was happy with it's home theater performance however, for music it was unbearable so, i wanted to return it and get something else. This wasn't a problem...packed it up, sent back for a full refund. Had i bought this from Onecall i'da been up shits creek without a paddle. [​IMG]
    - Chip

5. Steve White

Steve White Auditioning

If you check Toshiba's Website, OneCall is an authorized e-tailer, One of only eight. Spectravox is not. I just bought a 50HX81 from Jason at OneCall. He handled the group buy (at a great price) through the HT Spot forum. Give him a call, I'm sure he can mathc or beat your Spectravox price.
    As far as White glove, I think it was worth it. My 50 inch is 198 lbs, I believe your 65 incher is like 268 lbs! Nothing I would want to mess with. Just in the event there is damage, with curbside delivery your on your own. Another vote for OneCall and White Glove!
    Steve[​IMG]