Is there any reason not to buy the 65H81 from Onecall?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Stryker, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

My HT is setup in a 12'x 12' room; my viewing distance to the Tosh will be 10-11'. My only concern is getting it into the apt; As long as they bring it to the door (down the walkway and down the stairs) I should be able to maneuver it around inside with the help of 3 friends.....or should I get the white glove (how much is it?) and let them handle the lifting/moving?

Any other tips or gotchas about the 65H81 or Onecall would be appreciated..

2. bruce Hilbert

bruce Hilbert Auditioning

I got my 65H81 from Spectravox.com. I went with the white glove because I wanted them to unbox it in case of damage. Boy, am I glad I did. The first TV was trashed. Got a new one 2 weeks later, with a new shipping company and have been happy ever since. White Glove, I think, is worth the extra money.. My 1 cent worth...

3. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Other than the shipping incident, is there any other reason not to buy from Spectravox ? They are $100 cheaper with the white glove.

And onecall was showing it as out of stock.

4. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Matt,
    just be aware that if for any reason you aren't happy with your purchase that you CANNOT return anything to Onecall.com. This isn't to say you couldn't have a good experience dealing with them however, i'll give a "for instance"...I bought a Sony V-444ES receiver from J&R music world last year and i was happy with it's home theater performance however, for music it was unbearable so, i wanted to return it and get something else. This wasn't a problem...packed it up, sent back for a full refund. Had i bought this from Onecall i'da been up shits creek without a paddle. [​IMG]
    - Chip

5. Steve White

Steve White Auditioning

If you check Toshiba's Website, OneCall is an authorized e-tailer, One of only eight. Spectravox is not. I just bought a 50HX81 from Jason at OneCall. He handled the group buy (at a great price) through the HT Spot forum. Give him a call, I'm sure he can mathc or beat your Spectravox price.
    As far as White glove, I think it was worth it. My 50 inch is 198 lbs, I believe your 65 incher is like 268 lbs! Nothing I would want to mess with. Just in the event there is damage, with curbside delivery your on your own. Another vote for OneCall and White Glove!
    Steve[​IMG]