Is there any reason I should keep my 2 copies of Dawn of the Dead?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Christopher*KH, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Christopher*KH

Christopher*KH Stunt Coordinator

Is there any reason I should keep my 2 copies of.....

Dawn of the Dead Divimax S.E. UPC: 13131-21639 &
    Dawn of the Dead U.S. Theatrical Cut UPC: 13131-07319

If buy the
    Dawn of the Dead: Ultimate Edition UPC: 13131-21679

Would I be giving anything up ?? If I did buy it I would trade in the other 2 with another dvd for B.B credit toward a future purchase.

Can anyone give me "pros" & "cons"????

Thanx in advance for any help, Chris

2. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

I did not own Dawn of the Dead U.S. Theatrical Cut UPC: 13131-07319

However Dawn of the Dead Divimax S.E. UPC: 13131-21639 is disc 1 in the ultimate collection so sell it or trade it care free.

I have the ultimate edition and sold my divimax version about a month before.

3. Cory H.

Cory H. Stunt Coordinator

I flipped myself right before upgrading to the "Ultimate" edition. At first, I was curious in regards to extras, because Anchor Bay did the same with the 20th and 25th Anniversary releases of "Halloween". The 20th, being issued in 3 different packages, a single disc, a 2 disc w/ holo cover, and another single w/ holo cover. The singles containing the "Halloween 2000 Unmasked" feature not on the 2 disc 25th Ann.

4. Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP Screenwriter

There is no reason to keep either. The first "Theatrical Cut" disc is actually a bastard hybrid of the Theatrical Cut and Extended Cut, the non-anamorphic widescreen is at the wrong AR and doesn't look too good, and the only extra is two scenes exclusive to the Argento Cut, which is shown in its entirety in the UE. And, as mentioned above, the Divimax disc is disc 1 of the UE set.

-Lyle J.P.

5. Vincent_P

Vincent_P Screenwriter

One thing to consider- the insert with the DiviMax single-disc release of the "Theatrical Cut" is NOT included in the "Ultimate Edition" set, so while you'd be safe to trade in the disc itself, if you're a completist you might want to keep that insert and put it in your new "Ultimate Edition" box. That's what I did [​IMG] *

Vincent

* I did the same thing with the new anamorphic release of THE THING- I kept the insert from my old non-anamorphic copy when I traded it in and put it in the new DVD case.

6. Christopher*KH

Christopher*KH Stunt Coordinator

And I did the same thing with my copy of The Thing as well,and will do the same with these.

Thanx again

7. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

If you're fashion-minded, watch out. Big time shopping is finally here at Monroeville Mall.