Is there any particular reason not to buy a 62HM195

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jason Seaver, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I'm looking on Amazon right now, and I see three separate Toshiba 62" 1080p TVs - the 62HM195 for $1800, the 62HM196 for $2200, and the 62MX195 for $2500. Since keeping things under $2k with shipping would be really nice, I'm sorely tempted by the 62HM195, but I'm not conversant enough in the tech to figure out the differences between them. I've got an HD-A1 ready to come out of its box when the new HDTV arrives, and I just want to know if there's something "wrong" with this machine that should make me wary.

2. Jason Blaydes

Jason Blaydes Stunt Coordinator

lol... that is crazy. i was on amazon earlier today and looking at this exact same tv. i was also wondering what the difference was but couldn't figure it out. i hope someone knows and can post a response as i'm sure there are others who would like to know as well.

- Jason

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

4. Jason Blaydes

Jason Blaydes Stunt Coordinator

anyone else with difference/suggestions?

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Well, I bit on the 62HM195; it should be arriving Friday (and then, sadly, staying in the box as I leave to go to a friend's wedding). I'm psyched; I've got an HD-A1 and a new receiver already waiting in boxes, plus a Sony HD DVR that has done nicely recording the free channels and outputting them to my old 480i WS Toshiba. It's going to be a ton of fun hooking stuff up and seeing how it all looks.

6. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Cool Jason. Looks like you got some boxes to upack Sunday! [​IMG] This one is on my list too...look forward to reading your reviews with the HD-A1 High Def dvd player. Have fun [​IMG]

7. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

The truly hilarious part is that my younger brother/roommate isn't going to the wedding, so he'll be staring at four big unopened boxes all weekend (TV, HD-DVD, receiver, stand) until I get home. That's got to be a form of torture.

8. videobruce

videobruce Stunt Coordinator

It's last years model.
    I don't believe it has even a 8VSB (OTA digital) tuner let along a QAM (cable).
    Ugly silver cabinet (I believe).