What's new

Is there any good way to make $5000.00 a year?? (1 Viewer)

Van Patton

Second Unit
If you read my previous post you'll know why. I dont exactly want to get a job, but that's not the answer you want to hear. Any suggestions? Well there's always drug trafficing.

Julie K

Screenwriter
Yeah, get a job. (No that's that what I didn't want to hear - that's what you didn't want to hear.)
You'll be off to a really fine start if you compound your tickets and wreck with a felony :rolleyes

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Or you could sell your car. Then you'd have the money from that AND you wouldn't have to pay for the insurance!

Dan Hine

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Just remember, even drug dealing is a job, you have to worry about client acquisition, marketing, accounting, supply and demand, security, etc. It is actually much more complicated than you might think, assuming you

(a) don't want to get arrested

(b) don't want to die

(c) don't want to waste away your profits from consuming them yourself...

Yes, my roommate in college dealt a huge amount of pot. He made a "killing" so to speak, put himself through college, came out an mechanical engineer and everything. then, to piss me off more, he married a rich girl with a plantation in Alabama and just plays golf all the time now...

Makes me sick to think of him, really, that bastard...

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
If you want to make $5,000 per year, then take $100,000 and buy some bonds at an interest rate of 5% per year. Or, there's always the drug-dealing thing.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
If you don't live in a state with a bottle deposit law, you could move to one. Then, by gathering just 137 ten-centers a day (7 days/week) you could meet your goal.
Problem solved!;)

Sam C

Stunt Coordinator
yeah ... get a job making 100K ... On Friday of your first week ... Punch your boss in the face ...

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Here in Canada, even if you are dead, you can still apply for welfare! Dead people get natural gas rebate cheques here too. If you could somehow, like, get dead, and move to Canada, you should easily be able to get 5 grand a year!!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I was listening to the radio the other day and Mark Cuban was on (Dallas was playing the Lakers that night). The guys were joking with him, and then asked "what's the best way to make money?"

He replied, "Get a job, put money in the bank." Seriously.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Get a job and/or do some very wise investing. What are your current bills? Internet access is roughly $24 a month. Multiply that by 12 months and you can save yourself $288 a year. Driving a 'vette that you are currently paying for? Trade it in for a Cavalier. Gas, insurance, and payment savings should be around $2,000 a year. Paying $700 a month for rent? Move to either a smaller apartment or another area. You could easily save $200 or more a month that way. Rather than ordering out for pizza every other night eat popcorn or pasta. That is another $600 a year in savings. In essence, if you want to save money without getting a job you need to cut back on all expenses as much as you can. There is no other way outside of making money on investing. But then you also need to be prepared to lose money too.

DennisHP

Second Unit
Hmmm... 16 years old and you want money but don't want to work. If you figure it out, you could sell the idea and make WAAAY more than $5,000.00.

I'd even buy it.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
well,you could always get a girl pregneant,marry her and live on welfare checks,food stamps etc. then have her get a job at mcdonalds and have a few more kids...you should get $5000 at tax time...:angry:

TimDoss

Second Unit
...My advice is, do what your parents

did! Get a job, sir! The bums will

always lose-- do you hear me Van Patton??

The bums will always lose!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Van, you need to step into the real world...

Get a weekend job. Even at $6 an hour you'll make $4992 a year working every weekend 8hrs/day. If you don't want to work every weekend, work every Saturday and two 4hr nights/week. Of course you'll make more since you can work there summers and holidays too. Suck it up. It worked for me and most other people.

/Mike

Danny R

Supporting Actor
I bought AMD stock after the 9/11 crash. 250 shares @ 7.93. It hit $17.90 today and I'm cashing out. Not a bad return for a 3 month investment.

Of course before you can make easy money you have to have money to invest.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I dont exactly want to get a job
Too bad. That's your only valid option. Hey, I don't exactly want to work, either. I'd love to stay home and watch movies, work on my projects, and just have fun. But guess what? I also enjoy my house. My HT. My car. Eating. Can't eat if you don't want to work.

You should be counting your blessings, young man. I had to pay for my own insurance. My own car. My own gas. I got a job when I was 14 years old working at the local Burger King so when I turned 16, I had saved enough money to buy the car I wanted. If you don't have a job, then it seems to me like your parents are simply paying for your car. Your gas. A month ago, your insurance. Suck it up and apply for a job. You'll learn the discipline needed to make it in the real world, so you can one day move out of your parent's house.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks