What's new

Is there any extra room inside the M*A*S*H sets? (1 Viewer)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I just bought a used copy of season 1 for $14, but it came without the outside case (just the 3 Alphas).

Still watching S1, but so far I'm enjoying the show and will probably pickup at least a few more seasons.

I'm hoping there might be room for one extra Alpha in each season case.

That way over the course of 4-5 seasons, I could fit them all inside something...any hope?

BTW...did I miss a booklet in S1?

Kevin Royal

Stunt Coordinator
I think you might have picked up a bootleg.

All the MASH season have booklets and one large keepcase that holds three discs.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
You may have have bought a copy that was repackaged for rental as well. at any rate, MASH seasons come in multi-disc alphas, not individual cases.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
All three discs are in slim cases with a nice cover insert (like 'The Family Guy').

Front has a picture and back lists episode titles.

Looks very legit, I assumed this is what was contained in the outer retail shell?

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Nope. The official R1 North America release is one oversized Amaray (a little thinner than a VHS tape).

What does the cover look like? Is it a close-up of the "sign post" with a tent and blue sky (but no cast) in the picture? Does it also say "Collector's Edition" just to the side of the sign post? If so, this is the Columbia House "Collector's Edition" version, which puts eight episodes per volume.

Also, their version is only available through Columbia House's "TV Greats" subscription service at nearly $20 per volume!

Jeff

Supporting Actor
From what you describe, it's a rental repackage as someone else mentioned. It could have been repackaged by the studio for rental stores.

Frank@N

Screenwriter

That's right, it says CH in at least two places.

Good call!

OK, so these were 'sold' separately, one volume at a time.

Not sure what to do going forward...have to think about it.

Would be nice if I had a cardboard bookshelf holder for the three slim cases.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Unless you're very picky about how they look on the shelf, I would recommend that you just go ahead and buy the "retail" versions of the rest of the seasons, as they'll work out much less expensive than buying the Columbia House single discs, and stick with the S1 set you've got.

If you feel everything needs to look consistent on the shelf, I guess you could re-flog your CH set of series one on eBay, or try to find a friend with the retail S1 to let you make a copy of his box art, then attempt to buy one of the special plastic cases (though with postage, that would probably cost more than selling your old set and buying the retail one).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks