What's new

Is there any chance of a Simpsons Halloween set? (1 Viewer)

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
I don't really want to buy all the seasons just for the halloween episodes but am willing to buy a two ar three disc set of just these.
Anyone know if there is a chance of this happening?
Thanks

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Since Fox have never released anything other than full-season DVD boxed sets of TV series (as far as I recall, at least), I'd say it's very unlikely to occur...
------------------
Colin Jacobson
DVD Movie Guide
www.dvdmg.com

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
...for the record... Ally McBeal was released as 'Best Of..' to my recollection.
------------------

robpic.jpg

My DVD Collection/ AIM: roblutter/ email:[email protected]
"Why, that's the biggest Kahn since Genghis" -Sealab 2021

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Rob I believe that's correct...But I'm not sure.
P.S: Rob, that picture of you is scaring me...
------------------
"This is my verse, hello?"
Link Removed

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Rob is correct.
Fox will also be releasing another set with 6 random episodes sometime in 2002.
------------------
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/redirect.cfm?BannerID=8

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Stupid Ally McBeal! Good thing I inserted that catch-all "as far as I recall"! Anyway, I still strongly doubt that The Simpsons will appear as anything other than full seasons...
------------------
Colin Jacobson
DVD Movie Guide
www.dvdmg.com

Blu

Screenwriter
Don't say that too loud or Warner Brothers will buy out Fox just to screw up the Simpson's and X-Files episodes!!!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I think it would be great if Fox released a compilation of the Treehouse of Horror episodes...
BUT
ONLY
IF
The future box-sets also include the Halloween episodes in the proper chronology!
------------------
Scott Weinberg
------------------
ofcsminilogo2.gif

[Edited last by Scott Weinberg on November 12, 2001 at 12:05 AM]

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
lets keep fox from going down the "themed" box set path.
I would LOVE to buy Ally on DVD, but only in (you guessed it)- complete, chronilogical form.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
As many of us know, the enemy of getting the earlier seasons of current-running "new" TV Shows onto DVD is the dreaded bodeyman called "syndication rights".
It's why WB says they cannot release Friends except in best-of packs, instead of in-episode-order season sets like they do in R2.
I'm guessing that's why Ally McBeal is continuing to release in best-of's instead of in season sets.
I bought the 1st Ally McBeal 2-disc Best-of set when it came out. That was a mistake...but a good one. It was what finally convinced me that "Best-of" sets were shit.
I'm planning to give the new one a skip; we'll wait for the series to run it's course and then pick up the inevitable season-by-season sets.
I appreciate it that Fox is trying to get some Ally home video out there...but I'll just wait or live without. Same as I'm doing with Friends, which I honestly like even more than Ally.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
Do you like TV on DVD? Then check THIS out!
.....http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/.....

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Scott, as long as you don't stop producing the season by season sets so that i may collect them proper, I don't care if Fox releases the same episodes 50 times in different new packaging or with different themed episodes or sparkly shiny new discs, as long as the season by season approach is not altered. They may feel that they will not get enough money to justify a the time, effort and expense in putting together a thematic box set, but who knows? I'm just glad that Fox has the Simpsons and not WB. Thanks again Fox and Peter. You have my gratitude.
------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite.
My DVDs

Jacob_St

Second Unit
I don't really want to buy all the seasons just for the halloween episodes but am willing to buy a two ar three disc set of just these.

I'm game. The halloween episodes can actually stand apart from the series because sometimes the characters aren't even playing themselves. (One example would be The Raven) I'm not going to buy all 13+ seasons because the later ones aren't that good but I'd definitely buy boxed sets of all the holiday episodes.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Rob, you can buy full season sets of Ally McBeal from Japan
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp
The only reason I can think of Fox doing best-ofs, since the show is in syndication now is that they know that fanboys buy full-season sets by the bushel, and J6P doesn't. If I recall, the first Ally set sold very poorly, at least at Tower where I was working. That also might be a reason.

Jakob_S

Stunt Coordinator
I think there is a good chance for a themed "Halloween" DVDset of The Simpsons. It's official that we in region 2 and the australians (region 4) will get a themed "Film festival" DVDset of The Simpsons in the beginning of 2002. So why not a themed "Halloween"-set?

I think I'll stick to the seasons though, as I want all the episodes in my collecion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.