What's new

Is there an S-Video to Coaxail cable? (1 Viewer)

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
My laptop has an S-Video out. My girfriend's TV doesn't have an S-Video in. Is there such a cable as an S-Video to Coaxail(or even SCART - as I'm in Europe), or is there another way to solve this?

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I used an adapter cable to connect a composite signal to an RF input on a small TV once. You might be able to get an S-video to composite transcoder and then stick and F adapter on the composite to run it into the TV. Its going to look like crap whatever you do. And the output must be interlaced, unless the TV is HDTV.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Radio shack should have a converter as well. I'm using one on my VCR and it works fine for what I need it for.

Vin

Supporting Actor
My laptop has an S-Video out. My girfriend's TV doesn't have an S-Video in. Is there such a cable as an S-Video to Coaxail
Paul,

I'm not sure if you mean coaxial as you've stated or if you mean composite. If it's the latter than the converters already mentioned should work. I use the composite to S-video converter from Radio Shack that Andrew uses and I think (although I'm not positive) it can be used in the other direction as well, i.e., S-video to composite.

If you are indeed trying to connect S-video to a TV's coaxial (RF) type input you'll need a modulator like this (which accepts S-video as well as composite video). Then simply run a coaxial cable to the TV.

Vin

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
Thanks, fellers. Yeah, the TV only has two options: an RF or SCART (which you dont have in the US). More expensive TVs have the S-Video also. That modulator might be worth a shot. What would the picture quality be like?

Per Inge Larsson

Auditioning
Hello
Do you know if the TV accepts s-video on the scart look in the manual for the tv atleast it accepts composite there is
s-video to scart cables

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
You're best bet IMO is getting a cable from http://www.svideo.com together with a composite to SCART adapter. Not too expensive and made for exactly what you describe. They have free shipping to anywhere in the US.

I have ordered a cable like you described myself, and might actually go for this Video AND audio cable.

Cheers,

-Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks