Is there a way to save "Shpf" value in the service menu?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John David Rage, May 15, 2001.

1. John David Rage

I've been doing some more tweaking, found this one particular setting of great value. I switched it from "1" to "3" man, things are not just sharper, but it's a cleaner signal sharpness, if that makes any sense. On the AVI sharpness circle, setting the regular sharpness still leaves these ghost lines, it's not the white "halo" but more like a ghost image of the circle it self, turning this "Shpf" get's rid of the ouside lines, and brings them right onto the circle , it's like it cleans up the image more so then with the sharpness settings. I'm guessing it's getting out of it a better sharpness frequency, "SHPF" . Man, I wish I could save the value of "3" but after doing a "write" I power down then go back to the menu, it's back to the original value of one, man this is something I really want to be a able to change. Is there any way of how I can go about to getting the value to be set. My set is a Sony Wega KV27FS12.

2. nick hulme

nick hulme Auditioning

are you hitting the "enter" key after pressing the "mute" key to enable a write? my sony rptv saves that value just fine.

3. John David Rage

Yep, hitting "Mute" witch brings up the "write" in green, then I hit enter witch shows "write" in red. But after that I turn the set back on and head back into service mode, the value is set back to default. It doesn't save the setting. This is sort of the same thing with "y-dc" value of "0" only the value of "1" gets saved. There must be away to over-write the stored values and have them save, does anyone know if there is an approach to getting this setting and others to save at the value specified?? It would be pretty cheesy if it were a limitation of the tv itself, I mean why have the values other then the default then, yes for testing , service techs etc...

4. nick hulme

nick hulme Auditioning

the eeprom in your tv which stores these settings may be a "write once" type or be locked. if either of these is the case then the "a" board which contains the eeprom should be replaced. best way to do this is to complain about the uneven brightness problem and you tried to fix it by changing the sub brightness setting and storing it in the memory as detailed by sony - however your tv wouldn't store the setting. voila! good luck.
    ------------------
    i know i'll like this damn tv one day!