Is there a way to reduce this rainbow effect?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Bobby Parsons, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Bobby Parsons

Bobby Parsons Stunt Coordinator

Okay I got the Infocus X1 not thinking I would be affect by this so called Rainbow effect. I really didnt think the rainbow effect was what I am seeing.

On my dvds when ever I blink or look left to right to quick I see the rainbow. Its a huge rainbow to and very distracting and made me quite dizzy. On the other hand when I played my Xbox I would say it was reduced by at least 75 percent or rainbows. But the rainbows were now edges of things. For instance I was playing NBA inside drive and the b-ball players while running sometimes get out of focus and seem to have a small rainbow effect to them.

So is there a way to reduce this effect? As of right now on a scale from 1-10 on how annoying it is I would rate a 10. If I could get it down to a 5 I could live with it because of the price. But I have to do something because I think this will eventually drive me mad.

I really dont understand why Infocus made the color wheel like this if it was going to be a issue for the consumer. I might have to take this back and splurge a bit and get a faster color wheel its just I really dont have the money at the moment.

Is there a Lens filter or anything avalible that should clean some or most of this up?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Ps. Also I read someone said eventually they rainbows will start to disapear over time when your eyes adjust to it. At this point I dont see how this is possible. I have the projector off and as I right I'm still seeing this.

2. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

3. Bobby Parsons

Bobby Parsons Stunt Coordinator

yes thats what I'm seeing. Is there a filter or something I can use to reduce this?

4. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Gabriel: What am I supposed to see in your link? All I see are the two words RAINBOW moving - I see no color or anything I would regard as a rainbow (I have yet to see rainbows on DLP projectors, so maybe I'm just not susceptible to rainbows).

5. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

Alan: Wow, that's weird. I've never heard of anyone not seeing it on that. You should really REALLY count yourself lucky. [​IMG] When the words move, there is a color trail that it leaves behind momentarily.

6. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    A gray screen or silver (better) helps to reduce the rainbow effect. A few others have made their own screens or you could paint over the one you have.

7. Scott.T

Scott.T Agent

Buying an LCD projector reduces rainbow effect....

Sorry, couldn't resist....rainbows are the reason I didn't buy an X1, I found them distracting too. I guess the moral of the story is try before you buy.

8. John_F

John_F Stunt Coordinator

Gabriel, are the rainbows on both sets of words? I only see them on the top set.

Thanks,
    John Flegert

9. Trevor Schell

Trevor Schell Supporting Actor

10. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

It should be in just the top. The bottom basically shows you the difference.

11. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Bobby..there r some things u can try. Do a search at AVSforum. Sadly, I tried all of them short of getting a screen with no luck. The X1 went back and now I'm trying to get an LCD pj.