Is there a Tim Burton box set

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DarrylWHarrisJr, Nov 20, 2001.

1. DarrylWHarrisJr

DarrylWHarrisJr Stunt Coordinator

I would like to see a Tim Burton box set of some sort.
    The films would be
    Pee Wee Big Adventure
    Beetlejuice
    Batman [​IMG] One of my favorite movie and superhero characters
    Edward Scissorhands
    Sleepy Hollow
    All OAR with brand new high def transfers and 5.1 (can I get DTS?) remastered audio and some extras (just to top it off though I don't care for them.)
    I guess there would be ownership issues by the studios though. It's good to wish. [​IMG]
    Off to watch my copy of Planet of The Apes since I haven't seen it yet

2. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

the problem is that they are all from Different Studios... Batman, Pee-Wee, and Beetlejuice are all from Warner... Sleepy Hollow from Paramount... and Edward Scissorhands from Fox... it would probably be next to impossible for them all to get together for a box set... although there have been some exceptions (CTHV Strangelove in Kubrick Box).
    I own Sleepy Hollow and Pee Wee and I must say that the transfers of each are top notch... and the 5.1 is exceptional too (especially with Sleepy Hollow) and Pee-Wee even has an isolated 5.1 music track with commentary by Danny Elfman.
    [​IMG]

3. Brett Cameron

Brett Cameron Stunt Coordinator

Their is a Tim Burton set in the works. Warner is going to be making new special editions of Batman,Batman Returns,Beetlejuice and Mars Attacks. Pee Wee and Apes are already a s.e,Edward Scissorhands and Sleepy Hollow also have a decent amount of features and anamorphic transfers. It should not be too hard to get all the studios to agree(look at the Stone box set) Warner owns the rights to 5 of his films, Fox has Scissorhands and Apes(they let Warner use Wall Street in the Stone box so I doubt they would have a problem). Ed Wood is also rumored to be out next year(Buena Vista owns this one, and let Warner use Nixon in their Stone set so they should not be a problem either).

4. Henry Colonna

Henry Colonna Stunt Coordinator

Wow, this sounds fantastic, except for Mars Attacks (yawn.) I'm finding Edward Scissorhands hard to find and it's one of my favorite movies. Is there a SE?[​IMG]

5. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

there is a 10th Aniversary SE of 'Edward Scissorhands' from fox... I don't have it, but from what I remember... it has a Dolby Digital 4.1 track (the surrounds are mono), a commentary, an isolated score, and maybe a documentary thrown in the mix... anamorphic to boot...

I see it all the time in Target... so that may be a good place to look.