What's new

Is there a site that lists all DVD-A titles available? (2 Viewers)

Allan_Lim

Agent
Similar to Link Removed
I just bought a Panasonic RP-82 and would like to find out what's available on DVD-A.

Jesper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jesper Nielsen
This forum is all you need for finding all the great DVD Audio titles! :D
Link Removed

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jesper, SACD sounds so good you might think you are dreaming! ;) By the way, I have a DVD-Audio player and 22 discs, but I prefer SACD. More software would help my appreciation of DVD-Audio, though.

RaulR

Stunt Coordinator
High Fidelity Review has the most comprehensive (and accurate) list of titles released to date.
Is there a similar list of SACDs on that site? I couldn't find one. (I couldn't even find a link to that DVD-A list from the home page -- maybe I'm just being dense tonight).

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Raul,

The link in my post takes you directly to the page that lists all DVD-A titles to date.

To get their conventionally, click on DVD-A in the title bar at the top of the page, and you'll see the link you click to get to the page I listed above.

Regards,

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Cool, High Fidelity Review has reviews too.

Elusive disc seems to be a good place to buy?

And (cheap plug), when I look for comprehensive DVD-V reviews, I shoot to WSR. (I particularly like how they always compare newer editions to older editions. Audio soundtrack and video. Has saved me some money in terms of not having to always buy the latest and greatest to be sure that I have the best quality.)

Anyone know if for example, any site/person/mag that reviews a DVD-A/SACD, that they compare it to the best CD version available too?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
John, good work. I only visit highfidelityreview.com occasionally and have seen the reviews and the lists of labels supporting the two high-resolution formats. However, I had not seen lists of available titles. Thanks.

Allan_Lim

Agent
Keith thanks for the welcome.

I'm starting to think I should have bought a player that does SACD instead of DVD-A since there seem to be so many more SACD titles available.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Keith,
No problemo.
There are some good lists out there of DVD-A titles, I wish there was the problem of having so many titles it would be impractical to list them.
There are 3 really good lists out there, the digitalaudioguide.com site isn't one of them ;)
For reference, there are:
Two lists from the Quad Forum, includes dates when available:
Link Removed
Link Removed
One from HFR, which I listed above, and am repeating here for a single post with my resources ;)
HFR's Released DVD-A list, supported by Meridian
Regards,

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Allan,
It's never too late to pick up an SACD player. For around $350, you can get the Sony SCD-C222ES by mail from an authorized dealer. For around $600, you can get the Sony 'C555ES, which is a better player.
John,
Thanks again, for the information. I have heard about those web sites on this site and Audio Asylum, but I haven't visited them yet.
I too wish there were too many titles on DVD-Audio to keep track of. That would be a nice problem to have. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks