What's new

is there a Shakira MTV Unplugged DVD??? (1 Viewer)

Salvador

Second Unit
is there a Shakira MTV Unplugged DVD available??? I've never seen any in stores but i'm just wondering. If there is where can i get it?

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
i think it is on dvd or cd. does anybody know who that aisan girl is that i mentioned on the other shakira thread

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
According to CDNOW.com the DVD of Shakira: MTV Unplugged will be available on April 30th for US$13.99 YEAH!! I was waiting and waiting for this title to show up. FINALLY!! That was an amazing performance. Her current sound don't interest me though.

Coco Lee? There's a fine voice and a great looking girl as well. Her albums in Mandarin does nothing to show off her potentials, despite selling millions of copies.

Salvador

Second Unit
I was waiting and waiting for this title to show up. FINALLY!! That was an amazing performance. Her current sound don't interest me though.
I'm a relatively new fan, but i've heard her old and new stuff and i do agree that her old stuff is better. Her new songs lack the 'rawness' and signature Shakiraness (is there even such a word??) that her spanish songs have. Only song i like in her new album is 'Rules'. The rest are too westernized and bubble gummed to death.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Salvador,

Go to CDNOW.com do a search on Shakira, once all her albums are listed, click on "Video" on the left side of the screen, and the listing for the MTV Unplugged DVD will show up. But no cover photo or anything; just price and release date.

Totally agree with you on her new music. I don't understand a word she sang (my Spanish is pretty much limited to "GOAL!!!" during soccer matches and "Yo quiero Taco Bell") but somehow her MTV Unplugged performance was so, for a lack of a better word, special. I just knew it was great! It's also one reason I still haven't purchased the CD, because I know it's just not the same without the visual element.

Salvador

Second Unit
hehe, i saw it. No info whatsoever just a release date. Well at least we know that it will be releaseed.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Coco Lee only released one CD in the US, and here's the link. You should be able to find that CD at Tower or Best Buy. While she's from the San Francisco Bay Area, she has sold several million albums in Asia (which is a lot in that part of the world or anywhere else), despite the problem of piracy there. From what I heard, she's working on another English-language album. Her record company, Sony Music, is having problems breaking an Asian-American singer into mainstream American radio.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
For Coco Lee's albums/VCDs/DVDs in Mandarin, I recommend yesasia. They are an e-tailer based in San Francisco, with good prices, excellent service, and quite speedy delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread