What's new

Is there a Region 4 Widescreen Harry Potter? (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I know that prior to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone being released on DVD, there was a lot of hoopla about the Reigon 4 DVD only being released in the Pan & Scan format. There was also a petition, which I listed on Widescreen Advocate. A while back I remeber reading a Harry Potter site that announced that it was eventually released in widescreen, but they did not provide any further details, or evidence to support the claim. I am in the midst of updating the web site, and I wanted to make a note that the petition has been successful, if that is the case. So far I have yet to find any hard eveidnce that a widescreen edition exists. I did find one online retailer, that claims to carry the said widescreen edition, but there is no widescreen banner on the cover art they provide, so I was wondering if you guys could help me discover the truth in this matter.

I found the "supposed" widescreen DVD at EzDVD

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Josh, out of curiosity why do you want it? If you want the "Philosopher" version just buy from Canada

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I don't want to buy it! :laugh: I just want to know if it exists, so I can add a note to thevictories page that says the petition was succesful. So if there is a Harry Potter Region 4 DVD in widescreen, whether it be The Sorcerer's Stone, or The Philosipher's Stone, I'd like to know. If someone could provide a link to cover art with the widescreen banner on a Region 4 retailer site, or official specs, I would be most appreciative. this page

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Yes it's available. It seemed too little too late to me though, as anyone who was outraged by the P&S only release no doubt would have just imported from elsewhere.

Sam Owens

Stunt Coordinator
Warner bundled it with an unwanted s/t CD, called it a deluxe edition and charged an outrageously OTT $49.95 ($US33) for it. It was a victory, but it seemed somewhat phyrric.

Now, it seems to be OOP. :angry:

YANG

Screenwriter
Fellow aussie mates get "corrected widescreen" edition, the asians are still stuck with R3 fullscreen release of SOCERER STONE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks