Is there a reason to "upgrade" to Firefox 1.0?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Kevin M, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

Feb 23, 2000
    I have been using the beta versions of Firefox (currently 9.3) and I have no complaints whatsoever, on the other hand I have heard quite a few complaints of Firefox 1.0 being incompatible with many of the extensions that we have come to love.
    Is there a good reason to upgrade to V1.0? Is it any more stable than the beta versions? Does it offer more or more reliable functionality?

I ask because I like the Firefox that I have and I don't want to get rid of it for something that has problems or won't improve on my current version.
    Is there a good reason to upgrade?
  2. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Aug 17, 1998
    I tried 1.0 last week and virtually none of the extensions I use had been updated. Pretty poor show really. I'm now back on 1.0PR which I find generally OK.
  3. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

Jun 14, 2002
    What extensions don't work? Virtually all of them have been updated by now.

There are minor bug fixes from 0.9.3, 1.0PR, & 1.0RC to the 1.0 final version some of which include security matters.

There is a 1.1 release planned for March which will be built on a newer, more stable core. Since 1.0 has been released, I've been very happy with it and have greatly reduced my interest in the development of the newer versions by not going on their forums as much as I used to.

Other then that, I suggest looking at this list of extensions. Extension List