What's new

Is there a possibility of the Beatles in hi-rez surround? (1 Viewer)

RobertWW

Auditioning
I'm not exactly 'in the know' about the state of upcoming releases these days. In fact, you might say that I'm painfully ignorant of music today. I was wondering if any of you had any idea about the possibility of any Beatles releases in the DVD-A or SACD formats? It's seems to me that Sgt. Pepper was made for some kind of hi-rez surround mix.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I think a lot of people would wet their pants were the Beatles to find their way to MC Hi-Rez, myself included.

If you have not already done so, take a look over at Steve Hoffman forums. Some pretty knowledgeable Beatles enthusiasts there. FWIW, I have read nothing there indicating that there is anything underway on that front. Unfortunately.

Having purchased the Anthology DVD set, you get a real taste for what some of the Beatles mid to later period material (Pepper, Walrus, etc.) would sound like in 5.1, and it is a blast to listen to.

BGL

PS: I also think where it to come to pass, the level of debate on the subject would be on par with the release of the SW Trilogy on DVD :D

BGL

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The Capitol Albums, Vol. 1 is being released November 16.

Remastered sound, mono and stereo mixes--unfortunately just a few 1964 albums.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Whatever format the Be-uhls makes it onto (IF this ever actually happens) will probably make that format a household word the day after they debut.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks