What's new

Is there a one-step MP3 Ripper/Encoder program that uses LAME encoding? (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Im not too knowledgeable into the really technical stuff of MP3, so you'll have to forgive me...

I hear that EAC and LAME will give me the best MP3 audio possible, but the problem with that is i gotta rip it to WAV, then come back and encode it with LAME. Is there some program out there that'll do it on the fly, like Im used to MUSIC MATCH JUKEBOX... Just load the CD, wait for the CDDB load, then press RECORD, then im done. Is there a program that does that but encodes with LAME instead of XING which i think MMJB uses? Thanks

Patrick Cate

Stunt Coordinator
You can use LAME as a MP3 encoder plugin in EAC. So you shouldn't need a additional program to do both ripping and MP3 encoding. Sorry if this doesn't answer your question exactly.

Hugh M

Second Unit
personally I like the way that I can rip alot of CDs rather quickly. and then encode them with a batch file later, perhaps while I am snoozing.
My Plextor CDRW has pretty good error detection so I am able to rip at over 20x speed. So it doesn't take long at all to go through each CD.
(am I the only one who doesn't like using the term "ripping"?):)

Ken Woodrow

Stunt Coordinator
Hugh, others:

Can EAC rip two CDs at once if they are in two separate CD/RW drives?

Thanks,

Ken

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Can EAC rip two CDs at once if they are in two separate CD/RW drives?
The only way I could see this working effectively is if you have two SCSI CD-ROM drives and are ripping to two different SCSI hard drives. However, I don't know if EAC allows multiple instances of the program to be opened at once.

Hugh M

Second Unit
eac does allow this, and I have thought of doing it, but my plextor rips so much faster than my Toshiba DVD that I don't really bother. I'm lazy enough as it is.

there is an option or a hint somewhere that makes me specifically know that eac allows this, but I can't remember where.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks