is there a multidvd unit that plays DVD mp3s?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Ronald T Shaw, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Ronald T Shaw

Ronald T Shaw Auditioning

I want a 5/7 dvd changer that can play DVD mp3 disks..
    I have a single cheapo (well my wife does) ITS A $50.00 unit from hsc and the thing actually plays mp3 burnt on to a DVD
    most play cd mp3 disks..
    taking a bestbuy so called udio expert at his word he said the sony dvp-nc665p 5 disk unit would play mp3's created on a dvd disk but it wont. it wont even recognize em..

all this just because i like music and would like 2 hear my mp3's on more then 2 channels so i'm also looking for a unit that will do that (not luck so far - except for seperate components).. the existing unit i have the panasonic sc-ht75 has 5.1 internally only with no digital inputs.

SO my wife picked up the yamaha htr-5650 receiver (over kill for my bedroom but a great unit) along with the sony dvp-nc665p 5 disk changer (only cd mp3, no wma or mpg) and the pioneer dv-563 single cd changer that one does play mp3 created dvds but its a single changer!!! being bedridden i dont want 2 call my wife 2 change cd's or dvds when (women tend to mutter and bitch under their breath) attimes

so any help would be ppreciated

2. Brad E

Brad E Second Unit

Do you have a pc near by? Being bedridden, I assume you do.
    Why not copy all your music to your hard drive and play the music from your pc to your reciever?
    I copied all my disks and my brothers (over 8500 songs which is about 30 GB's in MP3 format) and this is by far the easiest way for me to manage all of my music.

3. Brad E

Brad E Second Unit

And as far as I know, music is only recorded in 2 channels. So whether or not you have digital audio or whatever, dosen't make a difference.
    Having said that, I'm sure there are music disks out there that are recorded in 5.1 but I personally don't have any.

4. Ronald T Shaw

well wma 9.0 files can carry 5.1 audio format and mp3s can do so as well(they devised this a few weeks ag)
    i know currently most of the stuff i listn 2 currently is 2 channel and that is changing but there is
    neo:6 , dolby pro logic ii and various dsp modes for 2 channel.. i thought i exlained that maybe i didnt.
    my current receiver (ht unit)doesnt have any of these features.. plus no digital inputs
    thats what i'm loking 4

and btw cinematicmp3 is a program that burns mp3s with 5.1 surround sound using srs.. i purchased that software last week.

5. Ronald T Shaw

brad

Why not copy all your music to your hard drive and play the music from your pc to your reciever?
    I copied all my disks and my brothers (over 8500 songs which is about 30 GB's in MP3 format) and this is by far the easiest way for me to manage all of my music.

i did i also have an ipod i have over a terrabyte worth of hd space and the smc ez-stream allows me 2 play any mp3s thru my gigabit network to my home theater BUT i dont have dsp on the panasonic stereo only..

i also dont want 2 kep my computers streaming all night.
    although they are on 24/7..

i want the ability to add various dsp processing to 2 channel analog stereo such as no:6 or dolby pro logic II, a multi dvd player that plays mp3s created by a dvd (u can get 1000= mp3s on one dvd) not cd
    and a hometheater system with digital inputs both coax and optical..

my request is not unreasonable maybe in one singl unit but everything is available.

6. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Ronald,

Have you considered using a 5-disc DVD/CD/MP3/WMA changer/player? Panasonic makes a very slim unit to handle the task. This would allow you to load up lots of MP3s to play throughout the day.

The Panny 5-disc players run $129 at Circuit City and Best Buy. However, a very similar model is carried by Costco for $99.99. [​IMG]

It looks like your wife picked up a good receiver for you. I had the chance to hook up a Yamaha HTR-5650 and couldn't believe how easy it was to setup and once you get the hang of the remote buttons, it's a very easy receiver to control and operate - probably, the easiest I've every worked with. Not to mention, it stays really cool during operation.