What's new

Is there a movie out there that I can make my guest naucious this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Robert,

True! I'd forgotten about that one! While I think DiCaprio is a great actor, I don't like him in Titanic. It's hard to take him seriously after that one.

Brian

Martice

Screenwriter
Martice, thanks very much for the offer. I'll do that and send it back. It's basically a setup disc for low frequencies?
You can have it Keir. I made a copy of the original as well as the cover and table of contents.

It is a bunch of songs that have tremendous amounts of bass with all being instrumentals. The second half of the disc is mostly tones but some are 'FREAKY' if I had to choose a term. However, track# 18 is something that will move through you like nothing like you've heard before. I've heard and felt the bass on most of the recommendations on this thread and this track is totally in a class by itself. If I had to describe it I would say it flexes the walls in your room on a variety of frequencies from the lowest to the upper bass ranges. If you play it loud it only gets worse.

I love it and I also love the facial expressions that I get from the visitors that hear and feel it for the first time.

e-mail me your address and I'll get it right out to you in time for your little get together. Hehehe.

*** Hey it's my 600th post!! Wow how time flies when your having fun.

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
I just watched Clear and Present danger, for the 100th time, and I had no idea how much bass this movie had. Check it out, good movie regardless of soundtrack. Can't wait to see sum of all fears.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
All the above and I will add Wing Commander to the list. I like the music on this DVD also.

jason celaya

Stunt Coordinator
Another vote for Atlantis and one for the escape form the mother ship towards the end of ID4..the nuclear blast

Debra F

Agent
Martice,

Would you happen to know the name of this disk ?
What store would be my best chance of finding it?

Thanks so mych

Blue
------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
You can have it Keir. I made a copy of the original as well as the cover and table of contents.

It is a bunch of songs that have tremendous amounts of bass with all being instrumentals. The second half of the disc is mostly tones but some are 'FREAKY' if I had to choose a term. However, track# 18 is something that will move through you like nothing like you've heard before. I've heard and felt the bass on most of the recommendations on this thread and this track is totally in a class by itself. If I had to describe it I would say it flexes the walls in your room on a variety of frequencies from the lowest to the upper bass ranges. If you play it loud it only gets worse.

I love it and I also love the facial expressions that I get from the visitors that hear and feel it for the first time.
------------------------------------------------------------

Holger

Stunt Coordinator
keir,
maybe the most impressive soundtrack of all is mel brooks *silent movie*. i just love this dolby digital 0.0 mix:D :D :D
but seriously: most of the films above a pretty good for a real home theater demonstration, have fun.
regards, holger

Lito

Agent
my reference dvd for making others nauseous is:
the cook, the thief, his wife and her lover
no deep bass to speak of, but some of the scenes have a visceral impact that's hard to ignore (the meat truck comes to mind...) :D

Keir H

Second Unit
Thanks to everyone for their rec'd on movies for this weekend! I ended up showing off scenes only of the Haunting, (hard to watch the entire thing!) Daylight (no one mentions the tunnel scene!) first scene in LW 4 (flamethrower guy). Watched Desperado, TFE, BS Dracula and the Mummy Returns. Good enough for round on I guess. Have not cracked open JP3 or Black Hawk Down. They were impressed to say the least. Maybe I'll have some Diva 4.1 in time for the next round?? :D
Def BP30's x2
Def Tech BP6b x2
CLR 2000
SVS 22-31
EAD Encore
HK PA 5800
JVC 723 GD

StevenB

Agent
Independence Day wasn't mentioned much. The bass in the scene when the ship is approaching earth and it crashes into the satellite is insane. Some of the deepest bass I've ever heard there!!
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks