What's new

Is there a legal way to make a family-friendly DVD from THE DEAD ZONE? (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Why? I just don’t understand Editing films that are good or even bad. It’s what the time and director wanted. Who am I to second guess them.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Why? I just don’t understand Editing films that are good or even bad. It’s what the time and director wanted. Who am I to second guess them.

Because I can, and when I do it is serving a purpose to me. Whether it makes sense to someone else is not relevant since what I am doing is for my personal use only. Our society is full of examples of personalizing to one's own use. In the case of movies/TV shows this hasn't always been available, but is easier to do now then ever before, and some choose to take advantage of it.

I recall capturing many of the WB western TV shows off Encore before they really available within a release. I hate the teaser/spoilers that they tacked at the beginning of many episodes. Guess what...I removed them. While some will see it as heresy, there are some scenes within some of the older Disney animated films I deemed inappropriate for my kids. In some cases we would watch it and discuss the areas I found inappropriate, and in other cases I just snipped it out and let them have the slightly edited version.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I think the following clip demonstrates the exact reason that those particular elements are in The Dead Zone. It's a clip from the rather tame horror spoof Student Bodies where they wanted the R-Rating for box office purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks