What's new

Is there a layer switch on the James Bond boxed set bonus disc? (1 Viewer)

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
When I select Bond's Gadget's and Play All, after the introduction ends going into the first section
"communitcations" it pauses and comes back as if it is a layer change. The display on my player changes from play to pause just the way it does on a layer change. I noticed the disc had some defects on it but I figured nothing it couldn't easily play through. Then when it paused I thought it was skipping or something. Can anyone else confirm that this is on the disc or not so I can see whether I need to try to get a replacement or not? If it is, isn't it strange they'd make a little bonus disc like this a dual layer?

Greg Black

Second Unit
There is no layer change at the point you described. This is a dual-layer disc however, but I'm not sure where the layer change is, or if it even uses the second layer.

-Greg

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Did you select play all? When you play the featurettes indivdually there is no layer switch but when I do "play all" it seems like a layer switch. Very bizarre.

Greg Black

Second Unit
Rob: Yes, I selected "Play All", but I don't get any problem like you mentioned.

Damin: There are two featurettes that are basically montages of action scenes from all the Bond movies; a teaser trailer for Die Another Day; a trailer for the "007: Nightfire" video game; a commerical for the "Best of Bond" music CD.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Damin: There are two featurettes that are basically montages of action scenes from all the Bond movies; a teaser trailer for Die Another Day; a trailer for the "007: Nightfire" video game; a commerical for the "Best of Bond" music CD.
Thanks! Looks like I'm not missing much (I already own the entire series from the previous releases).

DJ

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Its just some featurettes without any significant narration just snippets from the movies. It has the Die Another Day teaser, and some trailers from some of the movies not on the boxed set. Nothing significant really but since I am entitled to it I wanted to be sure my disc is working right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks