What's new

Is there a HTF Mobile App? (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If not, is one planned?. It is sometimes hard to type from my Phone through the Safari Browser

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
There used to be, but they switched from having an app to a phone-oriented version of the site when using the browser. I can’t remember what the reason for the switch was.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Because with dynamically formatting web sites, there's really no need for apps any more with this type of site.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
There used to be, but they switched from having an app to a phone-oriented version of the site when using the browser. I can’t remember what the reason for the switch was.
IIRC it was with the switch to the new forum system, which was a big upgrade over the prior software. But it didn’t support Tapatalk(?) the old mobile app.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I just created my own HTF app, that is on my “front page” and takes me directly to the list of streams having new entries.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Well I hate to complain but this site with its members as great as they are deserve much better. It’s full of bugs -Sometime the edit function doesn’t appear and many times your post doesn’t appear immediately- sometimes for hours. And the search function isn’t that great either. And I paid the premium thinking it would be a better version. Don’t get me wrong I love it here- just wish it were a smoother experience. .

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That’s interesting and I’m sorry that it’s working poorly on your end :(

I think the “edit” function is meant to disappear after 24 hours (but you can always PM a moderator to have them help you edit a post older than that), but I’ve not had that problem with delayed posting. For better or worse - and you could certainly argue worse :) - my babbling seems to appear immediately.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Well I hate to complain but this site with its members as great as they are deserve much better. It’s full of bugs -Sometime the edit function doesn’t appear and many times your post doesn’t appear immediately- sometimes for hours. And the search function isn’t that great either. And I paid the premium thinking it would be a better version. Don’t get me wrong I love it here- just wish it were a smoother experience. .
I’m curious how you view and post to HTF.

What kind of device are you using? Windows PC, Mac, iPhone, Android phone, tablet, iPad, etc... ?
What browser are you using?

I don’t believe I’ve ever had issues like those. Browsing and posting are a pretty seamless, pain-free operation using Safari on both my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 13.3.1 and MacBook Pro running MacOS Catalina.

As far as I know, being a premium member / supporter just removes ads. Worth every penny in my opinion.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
I’m curious how you view and post to HTF.

What kind of device are you using? Windows PC, Mac, iPhone, Android phone, tablet, iPad, etc... ?
What browser are you using?

I don’t believe I’ve ever had issues like those. Browsing and posting are a pretty seamless, pain-free operation using Safari on both my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 13.3.1 and MacBook Pro running MacOS Catalina.

As far as I know, being a premium member / supporter just removes ads. Worth every penny in my opinion.

I use an iPhone 11Pro and before for 2 years an iPhoneX on Safari iOS. I am constantly refreshing or exiting Safari and logging back into the website to see when the post shows up. And constantly don’t get the prompt at the bottom to allow me to either post or edit my own posts. Very frustrating. Doesn’t happen on a Mac I don’t think- just mobile.
Worth every penny to just remove ads? I don’t think so when the site is buggy in itself.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Report this in the Help forum. This is very odd behavior and not at all normal.
Of the problems I’ve experienced, which are relatively few and I do the majority of my reading and posting in iOS Safari, I’ve never seen delays in posting unless there’s an obvious website or safari failure.

I don’t know what could be causing your problems, but that’s definitely not typical in my experience!

Last edited:

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Report this in the Help forum. This is very odd behavior and not at all normal.
Of the problems I’ve experienced, which are relatively few and I do the majority of my reading and posting in iOS Safari, I’ve never seen delays in posting unless there’s an obvious website or safari failure.

I don’t don’t what could be causing your problems, but that’s definitely not typical in my experience!

Do you ever see where the more/edit function is missing and you only see reply? The same message # notifications showing up even after you’ve read them all? Where you’ve read an article then search for let’s say the movie title only to have nothing show up?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have made sure that Dave Upton has seen this thread. He has told me he will be responding shortly.

There is also another bug that is being reported in another thread that I have brought to his attention.

You guys can always submit bug reports to [email protected]

However, we do keep an eye on these forums.

Thanks for submitting these to us.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Do you ever see where the more/edit function is missing and you only see reply? The same message # notifications showing up even after you’ve read them all? Where you’ve read an article then search for let’s say the movie title only to have nothing show up?
Noel, I haven't been able to reproduce any of your issues unfortunately. Have you tried completely clearing your cache on your device?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks