What's new

Is there a guide somewhere on how to setup speakers in every room in yer house on... (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
On one single connection?

I have a kenwood receiver and I was thinking of putting speakers in different rooms in my townhome so you could hear the song playing in every room.

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
Todd, there are expensive systems that will bring you music in every room. Depending on how many rooms this is, you may need more than a single amp driving everything. I have my home setup for music in the living room, the home theater/den room, and the kitchen. I use a $35 Radio Shack speaker switch to switch the fronts between the three rooms and I have speaker wire traveling through the basement (it's nice to have an unfinished basement since you get easy access to the floor above :) ) up to the various rooms. If you want it to look nice you can use gold binding post face/wall plates ($10 from Radio Shack). I use them in a few places but elsewhere the wire simply emerges from the carpet in the corner. I'm planning on redoing things with wall plates everywhere since it makes it easier to move the speakers (just cut a new length of patch cable). We normally use the system to listen to music in one of the three rooms so there is not an extra load on our 5.1 receiver/amp but if you wanted to play simultaneously in multiple rooms, I suspect, you'd want to somehow send the signal out to another amp somehow in order to handle some of the load of the multiple speakers.
hope this helps,
--tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks