Is there a GOOD on-line dvd store that accepts checking or savings account info?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I'd like to order E.T. on-line and have it delivered to my house, but I don't own any credit cards. Is there somewhere that accepts checking or savings and is dependable?
    I have 0 experience in doing this, I usually just go to Best Buy and buy it.
    Thanks. [​IMG]

2. Jack_F

Jack_F Stunt Coordinator

You can use a debit card (checking account) as a credit card on most online stores.

northamericandvd.com has the best prices around (R1)

amazon.com is probably good too.

-Jack

3. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Well, to be more precise, I don't even have a checking account, I have a savings account. Logic would suggest that I should be able to use that right?

4. William-R

William-R Agent

email the websites and ask if they accept bank checks

i don't have a credit card either most but most websites will accept official bank checks even videoflicks in C.A. accepts official U.S. bank checks and they are free of service charge from most banks if you have an account

5. BrianP

BrianP Supporting Actor

I would suggest going to a site that you might consider making a purchase and see what methods of payment they would accept. That information can usually be found under the help section. I think most sites would take checks, cashiers checks, and money orders for payment. But why not look into getting a credit card or debit card since they make on line transactions faster and easier. Otherwise I think you are better off purchasing at B&M stores.

6. Jesse Leonard

Jesse Leonard Second Unit

7. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

These online stores accept check or money order:
    DVDEmpire.com
    Amazon.com
    Buy.com
    If you only have a savings account, you'll have to purchase a money order for a small fee.

8. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

i think you could do this:

Set up a Paypal account. You can give them your banking info and transfer money into the Paypal acct. Then, Paypal will issue you a one time Visa number that can be used like any Visa card one time for any purchase. Next time, they issue a different Visa number, etc.

This may require a checking acct however.

I did it using funds in my Paypal accts from selling stuff on eBay. The temporary Visa number is pretty cool because you have the added security of not worrying about a valid Visa card number getting into the wrong hands.