What's new

Is there a game on the X-box comparable to GTA III? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
I played this on my friends PS2 and love it. Is there anything similar to it on the X-box?
Thanks In Advance
Kevin C. :)

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
No. But, GTA3 will most likely rear its head on the Xbox in some version or another by fall/winter perhaps w/ the Miami update included.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I don't think there is ANY game comparable to GTA3 on any system yet, although with the success of that title, I'm sure imitators will be sprouting up soon.
Rumors persist that GTA3 will make its way to the Xbox eventually, although to my knowledge nothing has been confirmed. The only game that's currently on the Xbox that might be close is Max Payne, although that is really a stretch. But it's the same kind of third-person action title, and it has a similar feel to it (gritty, and often bloody). No hookers, though... :)
You may want to give it a rent if you haven't played it already.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Max Payne has a similiar look to the pedestrian sections of GTA3, but without the freeform nature. The aiming isn't the pain in the rear that GTA3 has though. For freeform GTA action however you could always grab a cheap Dreamcast or PSOne (or even use your PC) and get one of the top-down prequels.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Seems kind of strange that State of Emergency has already been slated for the Xbox while GTA III has not??? SOE just came out and, GTA3 is sort of old. You'd think it would've already been announced well before SOE.

What's the chance that, perhaps, GTA3 is being skipped for the XBox so that GTA4 can be developed for it?

Maybe BrianB knows...

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
I tend to think that if GTA3 was getting an Xbox release it would have been announced by now. It hasn't so I doubt it's coming. They're probably just working on getting a cross platform GTA4 ready for the holidays.

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
Thanks a bunch guys,
I guess I will remain in a holding pattern for a while and maybe go rent Max Payne. I have seen in BB and thought it looked pretty good. I will miss the hookers though. :)
Kevin C. :)

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
The rumor has it that Sony has a 6 month window w/ GTA3 as it has been an absolute smash and critical to its console right now. State of Emergency is lackluster in comparison so why not announce the Xbox version. I think there will be an announcement at the E3 show in May regarding GTA3 and Xbox.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Just to add one more little tidbit, DMA Designs who created GTA3 has changed their name to Rockstar Studios to match Rockstar Games and they are working on a GTA3-like game for the Xbox (whatever that means). It's in an article on IGN.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
NO! They haven't have they? Surely the history of DMA is worth more than that. Blood Money! Frickin' LEMMINGS!

I'm off to sulk now.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
I'll tell you one thing for sure - sit kids today down in front of Blood Money and there will be tears before bedtime. That thing was hard as nails to play! I don't think I ever made it to level 3, and yet still loved the thing.

TOP quality opening song, too.

paul h

Supporting Actor
Agreed, Blood Money was a great game but damn hard...i didnt realise that DMA were behind one of my fave games on the SNES, Unirally! (Uniracers in the US) In fact may have to dig out my SNES and fire it up again :)

James Zos

Supporting Actor
You want Grand Theft Auto 3 to come out for the Xbox? Don't you know that the Australian government BANNED that game?!? And you want to PLAY it?!?! What the hell is wrong with you?!?

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I can see the Xbox version now:
"Grand theft auto 3-Special Edition:Now with 35% more dead hookers!" :)
I have to say-the only game I can think of that was better for sheer violence was Kingpin, where you could buy a crowbar from a guy for a buck, and then use it to beat him to death to get your buck back. Escapism at its best.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks