What's new

Is there a dvd player with a child lock? (1 Viewer)

Devin U

Second Unit
Im having alot of problems lately with my 2 yr old opening the drawer on the dvd player and getting ahold of the discs :angry: . Unfortunately, new entertainment systems are out. Is there currently a player with a front panel lock out that can only be controlled by a remote (or no front panel at all!). I havent lost any disks yet (they only do it with kid discs, but it pains me I could lose one of my OOP Disney discs) and I dont want to lose any.

JamesCB

Second Unit
Maybe you should think about relocating the DVD player so the little one can't reach it.

I'm not sure about a lockout feature for DVD players. My TV has a lockout, I never saw a DVD player with a lockout.

Good luck,
James

BenK

Stunt Coordinator
If I understand this correctly your child is taking the discs out of the player when its off and you're not watching his/her every move. I can relate. If this is the case maybe you can plug the player into a switched outlet or a power strip that you can switch off when your not around. Something like this might be your only option since I dont think there are any players with a lockable tray currently.

Mike Keith

Second Unit
I just purchased a Sony DVP-CX777ES 400 disc DVD changer and it has a door lock feature and a rating lock feature. This would be perfect for small childern, you can remotly controll the unit from a computer and you never have to touch a disc again.

Devin U

Second Unit
Thanks for the ideas. Unfortunatly, moving the player is not a option right now. I never thought about the swichable outlet. Is the built in one on the reciever enough to power it?

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
Most of the outlets on the back of receivers can handle up to 120 watts, it should say on the back near the outlet so check it out. Most DVD players dont use near 120 watts so you should be fine, but again check both out first.

David Judah

Screenwriter
Many DVD players have a tray lock feature so retailers can lock discs in when the units are on display. Unfortunately, these codes are not given to consumers. You might ask some retailers in your area if they know for the brand of player that you own or maybe even a company rep. for that brand. They might give it to you.

My Panasonic RP-91, like many older Matsushita models, locks the tray by pressing STOP on the unit and POWER on the remote.

Good luck,

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks