What's new

Is there a dvd of SPIRITS OF THE DEAD in English? (1 Viewer)

Eric Ten

Grip
Real Name
Eric Tengren
Does anybody know if there is a dvd version of SPIRITS OF THE DEAD with TOBY DAMMIT in English? Does anybody own the IMAGE Ent. disc?

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
I rented the Image disk from Netflix many yrs ago, long before the HMV release was available.

If I remember correctly, the "Toby Dammit" portion included the English soundtrack, but remained problematic because the subtitles were forced and actually translated the French (or Italian?) soundtrack (as opposed to the English dub.) Obviously, the dialogue differed significantly in many instances, and the presentation suffered.

I assume that the English soundtrack was also an option on the Vadim and Malle segments, but I can't remember. Maybe the Fondas did not dub their own English dialogue. Obviously, the real attraction was "Toby Dammit" with Stamp's own voice.

And I think that the English soundtrack on that Image disk was taped off a TV broadcast. It was obviously inferior to the quality of the French soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks