What's new

Is there a DVD in the market that is close to having all this? (1 Viewer)

Gabriela Mendez

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Sony DVPCX860. I really don't like upgrading until several functions are available on a player. Is there a DVD in the market with the following?

SACD & DVD-A (with base management)
DVI (or HDMI)
1080i
5+ DVD capacity
Less than $500.00

Any ideas?

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
W/out the 5-disc you could pick up a Samsung HD841 or the upcomming HD941. $200 for the former, $300 for the latter, but the 941 adds Faroujda DCDi. It should be a big step up from the 841 which scored suprisingly poorly in the Secrets shootout.

Gabriela Mendez

Stunt Coordinator
With 500+ dvd's it's getting to the point that I've not only maxed out my dvd jukebox, but I really don't like having dvd's in cases (you know, the every family member who comes by and steals-borrows a movie). This way they can only take the case and since they don't know how to use the DVD remote/player, no movies are lost (another advantage of a 300+ dvd player). Are any new models coming out from Pioneer or Sony that are 300+? I detest this dvd-a/sacd format clash. Looks like we don't get many "complete dvd players' due to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks