Is there a difference between these two XLR interconnects ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chip E, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

I'm really curious because the specs look identical too me... right down to the exact same terminations ?
    2 meter balanced audio cable from AVCables.com - http://www.avcable.com/Merchant/merc...egory_Code=LC1
    And this 2 meter balanced audio cable from CobaltCables.com - http://www.cobaltcable.com/Merchant2...tegory_Code=AC
    I've bought many aftermarket cables for audio and video over the last couple years from CatCables, BetterCables and Monster. This time, looking for balanced cables, i decided to look at the specs (something i've never done) and for the life of me, i don't see a difference. This isn't meant to start a "cables do or don't make a difference war" either. I'm just shaking and scratching my head over this one. Any thoughts ?
    The cable from AVCables.com is a broadcast quality professional cable...just an FYI.

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Regarding French Braids, Belden states the following...

3. Mark Rich

Mark Rich Second Unit

Chip,

Of the two cables I think its a no brainer. Go for the Avcable.com product.
    I would try and find a similar priced cable that does not use Tinned copper for the conductor though. Have you checked out Wickedcable.com or Cscable.com? The Canare cable does not use tinned copper as the conductor.
    I find that Cobalt is way overpriced for what they sell!

4. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Mark,

WickedCables look like something i could go for... i was actually over there a few days ago checking out his cables. Seems like nice clean cables too me.