What's new

Is there a devise that allows me to use my remote without the control box visable? I'm wanting to us (1 Viewer)

Dennis Keh

Auditioning
Real Name
Den
Is there a devise that allows me to use my remote without the control box visable? I'm wanting to use this on my Dish remote.
Thanks

Dennis

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is there a devise that allows me to use my remote without the control box visable? I'm wanting to use this on my Dish remote.
Thanks

Dennis

Assuming DISH doesn't have an RF remote option, there are various remote extenders where you can place a small sensor on.near the
TV and connect to the box either wired or wirelessly.

An RF remote designed specifically for DISH is probably teh easiest as long as you have the box somewhat close and there's not a lot of
interference to fight through.

I have 2 spare TV;s in different rooms hooked to one box (splitter on the output run to each TV) using a normal IR remote in one room to control the box 2 rooms over -- using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G9IGYI8

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
There might be. If your DISH control uses an infra red signal, you can use a repeater. It's a powered unit that plugs into the wall, and has a receiver that can be mounted in something about the same size a a light switch fixture cover, and is connected to a small CPU that can send out a signal to an emitter that' s mounted over your equipment. They also have some larger units that just flash in front of your equipment rack. I have a Niles system that I bought from Crutchfield. It works on my DISH unit.

There's also another way. My equipment rack has a door that I had built with smoked glass in the middle. It's on the right side of my theater. The IR signal goes right through it. I had to lean forward and turn the remote to hit it. I did that for a few months before hooking up the repeater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks