Is there a Criterion DVD covers website?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Greg O'Rear, May 17, 2003.

1. Greg O'Rear

Greg O'Rear Auditioning

I'm looking for an on-line resource for front, back, and spine images for Criterion DVDs (basically just pull out and scan the whole cover page).

Specifically, I'm looking for images of "Dead Ringers". I'm pretty sure I just got ahold of a bootleg, but it got me thinking that it would be great if I could see how all the Criterions are supposed to look. Back covers are important!

2. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    If it's in print DVDEmpire has front and back cover scans so you can at least see what's on them.

Example: Spartacus back cover

But Dead Ringers is out of print.

3. JulianK

JulianK Supporting Actor

If you have the DVD Profiler program, you could pull up the front and back sleeve images on that.

4. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

What makes you think it's a bootleg copy - or a 'dead-ringer', if you will?! [​IMG]

Gordy

5. Greg O'Rear

Greg O'Rear Auditioning

Well, first of all, the printing is blue, not red.

Second, on the back, it says "Subtitles: English, Malay, Chinese & Thai".

Third, when I look closely at the UPC, the lines have "jaggies"; it appears to be scanned.

Also, there's a section that reads "Covers printed in U.S.A. Second printing 2000."

And under the spine number of "21", it reads "MCD-626" in blue type.

All of this causes me to doubt that I have a real out-of-print "Dead Ringers".

I even had concern about a copy of "M" I just got, because the back reads "Atlantic-Film S.A., CH-6949 Comano". I thought it might be some South American version. However, DVDEmpire.com shows a back cover image, and it is the same as mine.