What's new

Is there a Component Video Selector or Splitter? (1 Viewer)

Giorgio

Auditioning
Well is there ? I will be getting a Gamecube soon and I would like to hook it up to the component video input on my Samsung TXL2091F , but I already have my DVD Player hooked up to this imput is there anything to make me select or split this input on my TV ? Also , does anyone know if my Samsung TXL2091F is 480i or 480p ? Thanks!!! I hope someone will help me out on either of these questions .

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
You can try an audio/video switch box, Radio Shack has sold one for USD 40. Use the yellow jacks for Y, the red jacks for Pr, and the white jacks for Pb. Some folks have reported that the ones with manually operated pushbuttons work better than the ones with remote control for this purpose.
Ideally you should test each channel (red, white, yellow) separately using the Y connection only (doing it in black and white) and verify that your AVIA or Video Essentials resolution test pattern is not degraded. Use progressive if possible. The yellow channel wants full horizontal resolution, the red and white should have at least 300 TVL for good DVD performance (HDTV needs full resolution). Also connect up the full component cable set and check other test patterns for dot crawl or color smearing which the switch box can introduce due to crosstalk. This test is also useful for receivers with component video switching.
Somehow I would not sacrifice video quality from my DVD player just so I could also connect the game cube via component video.
More video hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks