What's new

Is there a certain actor/ actress's movies that you won't watch? (1 Viewer)

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Even Adam Sandler occasionally appears in a good film (Punch Drunk Love).

The actress I cannot stand is STOCKARD CHANNING. :angry: She makes me physicall ill.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

Have you watched her on the West Wing or in The Business of Strangers with Julia Stiles? I think she does an outstanding job on the West Wing and she turned in a fascinating performance with Julie in Business.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
[snarls] I hate any movie with white people in it!:angry:

:laugh: oh wait I'm white, too white, I need some sunshine, a holiday.

um offhand I can't think of any actor that would put me off seeing a movie I wanted to see, um... Ben Affleck's pretty awful and so is Adam Sandler, I can't stand Sean Penn good actor though he is. Jean-Claude Van Damme can't act if his life depended on it, from the ladies, not a huge fan of Penelope Cruz or whatsername from Desperado and Dusk Till Dawn, but if the film is interesting they won't stop me from seeing it, although it's very unlikely Van Damme will ever appear in an interesting film...;)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
The two actors I really refuse to watch are Tom Cruise and Julianne Moore. I think they are both highly overrated and are probably the two worst actors in Hollywood right now.

*Ashton Kutcher should probably in in there as well*

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I gave up on the movies of Paul Verhoeven and Joel Schumacher a long time ago.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I avoid all things starring Tom Green, ang English language movies starring Penelope Cruz (her Spanish movies are much better). I avoid most things starring Jane Fonda (her politics in Vietnam just turns me off).

I'm also avoiding movies directed by the guy who did Jeepers Creepers (due to his past criminal history). I will also not watch The Pianist (I may like Polanski movies, but I disagree with the movie being nominated due to Polanski's past history before he left the USA for France).

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
Zachary I've seen her on the West Wing - I wish they'd write some better theatrical parts for her though.

Rick Salt

Grip
Steven Seagal
The Rock
And that bald guy with the big nose i can't think of his name help me out guys he was in fast and the furious.
Anyway they all are so stiff and boring with no personality
I also can't stand adam sandler but wedding singer and big daddy were ok. Most of his movies are awful like 8 crazy nights and little nicky is one of the worst movies of all time

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Wow, reading this topic has just left me in stunned silence after stunned silence!!

Surprised to see these mentioned here:
Stockard Channing - Are you mad??? After that riveting work in "Too Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar"!!!!! But seriously, I like her.

Meryl Streep - I can only picture Jack Nicholson as the Joker making this assertion.

Jessica Lange - ummmmmmmmm . . .

:)

Anyway, to each there own.

I personally refuse to watch anything in anyway associated with Mike Meyers.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

I'm with you on this one.

Other actors I have no use for are:

Norma Shearer (God she nauseats me!)
Minnie Driver (Don't know why - just can't stomach her)
Jerry Lewis (with a few exceptions)
Martin Lawrence (where is the appeal...?)
George W.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks