What's new

Is There a Center Speaker To Match JBL LXE770? (1 Viewer)

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I've had the JBL LXE770's as my main speakers for five years and they sound terrific. I've been using a Cambridge Soundworks Center Channel Plus as the center speaker and it sounded fine until I moved my home theater into a different room. It still sounds acceptable but on certain material it stands out like a sore thumb(for some reason on INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM). I don't want to get rid of the JBL's so does anyone know of a center speaker that is timbre matched to the LXE770's? Would any JBL speaker do or does it have to be specifically matched? I checked JBL's website and emailed them, but they had no info and I haven't heard from them yet(sent the email almost a week ago). Any help or info would be appreciated. Thanks!

RichardH

Supporting Actor
I'm assuming you've recalibrated levels and everything after the move, yes? If not, that's the first thing you should do.

Also, alot of times center speaker placement plays a large role in dialog intelligibility. If it's on top of a TV, try to move it as close as possible to the edge. Some people even tilt it forward, so that it's pointing down at the audience.

If you do all that and nothing works, then it might be time to audition other center channels to find one that is a good match. That may or may not be a JBL. But, if you don't want to do all that, I've heard pretty good things about the JBL S-center, and it's pretty cheap to boot.

The fact of the matter is, you're not going to find something to perfectly match your current mains, as they are out of production.

Good luck!

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Richard, thanks for the info. I did calibrate my speakers with Avia and a Radioshack meter a while ago but I haven't since the move. I'll do that first thing. If that doesn't work, then I'll go ahead and check up on the JBL S-Center.

Thanks Again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks