Is there a book reference site like IMDB or All Music Guide?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul D Young, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Paul D Young

Paul D Young Second Unit

Maybe this should be in the computers area?
    I was wondering if there were any book reference sites on the web where I can find out all the books by an author and such. I was hoping for something similar to the fine sites:
    All Music Guide for music and IMDB.com for movies.
    Any suggestions?

2. Daniel Swartz

Daniel Swartz Second Unit

Amazon.com (who owns IMDB) and BN.com all have very well documented book sections that can easily tell you all the books a given author or publisher has released. Both pull from their own unique editorial content as well as Ingram Books' mass-produced database.

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

www.booksinprint.com would be my first suggestion - they've been doing it for 130 years, and I remember looking stuff up in the print edition - but apparently you have to register/pay. If you need it for professional reasons, though, it would probably be ideal.

4. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

Man, I've looked at Booksinprint.com before, and it looks great, but damn, for personal, non-profesional use, it's too steep a price for me. That's too bad, because my experience with their hardcopy reference when I used to work for Bookstop/B&N was invaluable.