What's new

Is there a big difference between B&W LCR600 & CDMC NT ? (1 Viewer)

Carl Philip

Agent
Yeah I bought a LCR600 about a month ago but returned it because it didn´t make too much of an improvement, so that´s why I´m considering moving up a step to the CDMC NT center speaker. My fronts are a pair of B&W 603 S2´s.
the price difference is only about $80 US in sweden so that´s why i´m thinking about getting tha center instead.
what i want is to hear voices really clear and all that subtle sounds like when someone drops a needle on the floor or so ;)

Carl Philip

Agent
did you A/B them or something? i would like to know if the difference between them is big enough to justify another $80..

Josh P

Agent
I biwered my lcr 600 s3 and the clarity improved a fair bit (cheap wire) but i dont know about more detail

Carl Philip

Agent
Just wanted to tell you that i finally was able to A/B the CDMC NT and the LCR60 here at home.
the difference was huge!
The clarity and crispness was awesome. You could easily hear the footsteps of russel crowe in the opening scene in gladiator as he is walking across a field.
Later when we popped in Eagles - Hell freezes over we heard sounds never heard before and the drums in the center sounded totally different, it was like the drums was in front of us instead of coming from the speaker(if you know what i mean)
and of course, the bass response was pretty good for the CDMC NT, better than i expected actually. when listening to starwars at a pretty decent volume you could feel the bass of ppls voices in the chest! (yes, we were playing that movie loud ;) )
it was like the sound quality of my HT was multiplied by many times :)
however i had to return the speakers yesterday to my dealer but i placed an order on one while i was there. they didn´t have one in the color i wanted so i have to wait a week or 2 for it to come but geez i want it now :)
i guess it´s time to look for the next thing to upgrade: either a Rotel 2-5ch power amp or an SVS :P

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
I have a similar question. I have the 602 S3's, and would now like to get a centre speaker. I'm trying to decide between the CDM CNT or another pair of the 602's. Both cost the same. What should I get?

Of course the LCR600 is still an option, but based on the comments here, it seems less than ideal compared to the CNT or another pair 602's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks