What's new

Is there a better satelite system than the Energy Take five for the price (1 Viewer)

Chris Trot

Stunt Coordinator
wondering if their was a comparble quality product for the price. Sorry about the space..Thanks

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
The HC6 from Acoustic Research. I guess you could call it comparible to the Energy Take 5.2 package. I have heard some favorable things about this starter-home theater speaker bundle. They also had a good write up in The Perfect Vision.

Dan

joekilty

Auditioning
You might want to take a look at the
Diva by Swan 4.1 speaker package at AV123.com
Consist of
Paired 4.1 mains, floor standing
C3 center channel
Paired 2.1 rears
Price $1198 plus S/H
These are real speakers. Real rosewood veneer, 3/4 mdf sound chamber, internal bracing, drivers by Hi-Vi and massive Gold plated five way binding posts.
These are Internet direct only and for what it is worth my dealings with the company have been far beyond my greatest expectation.
Oh and by the way did I tell you these are really great sounding speakers?
http://www.av123.com/popup.html
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
The Divas look promising but just remember that the mains have a 4 ohm nominal impedance. You will need some serious amplifier wattage to drive these babies.

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Specifications:
Drivers: One 1 ¼" Silk Dome Tweeter, Two Metal-Cone 5 1/4" Mid/Woofers; 2-Way, Fourth Order, Ported
MFR: 38 Hz - 20 kHz ± 3 dB
Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
Efficiency: 88 dB/w/m
Size: 37 ½" H x 9" W x 13" D
Weight: 44 Pounds Each
Finish: Rosewood Veneer
MSRP: $699/Pair
Link Removed

Steve Zimmerman

Second Unit
Swan Diva 4.1s are indeed 6 Ohms:

"Thank you sincerely for contacting us and expressing interest in the Swan's Diva speakers. The Swan's Diva 4.1's are 6ohms as listed on our web site. The confusion I believe is due to the Swan's web site and factor stamp are

listed different. However, the AV123.com web site list the true impedance's of all of the Swan's speakers."

That's a quote from a direct response to my inquiry.

--Steve

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Cheers for following up on that, Steve. Now I can heartily recommend them to a buddy of mine who is looking at new speakers. The 4ohm listing at Secrets was just plain scary!

KeithR

Second Unit
I just picked up 5 SuperZeros from Onecall dirt cheap as they are discontinued...they at least drop to 80hz, so you don't have the problems integrating subs/receiver crossovers. That is what prevented me from buying the energys, gallos, etc. Also, the black piano finish is very nice. Interesting, as this is the 2nd time I have had them...I was pissed I sold the pair 3 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks